EFI Launches New UV LED Inkjet Wide-Format Printers, the VUTEk 5r, VUTk 3r
Electronics For Imaging (EFI) is launching two new UV LED inkjet printers that is says provide the fastest throughput available in their product class, the EFI VUTEk 5r and VUTEk 3r printers, which EFI is demonstrating at the Shanghai AD & Sign Expo in March, the ISA International Sign Expo in Las Vegas in April, and at Fespa 2017 in May in Hamburg, Germany.
EFI says the new printers are “the most technically advanced LED roll-to-roll printers on the market,” and are “designed to offer the highest image quality at the highest rated throughput speeds.” They feature:
- LED-curing technology for both cost savings and environmental benefits.
- Resolution of up to 1,200 dpi and native EFI UItraDrop Technology seven-picoliter print heads with multi-drop addressability for smoothness in shadows, gradients, and transitions.
- A unique color-distribution algorithm that’s said to provide superior economic advantages with ink usage, with a single liter of ink covering up to 1,600 square feet, on average, across all print modes.
- Fast print speeds, with the 3-meter-wide 3r model printing up to 3,715 square feet per hour, and the 5-meter 5r model printing up to 4,896 square feet per hour.
Options include: inline roll-to-sheet cutting, slitters, and a sheet-collector kit. The VUTEk 3r and 5r also offer optional features for automated double-sided back-lit and block-out printing; a mobile app for remote printer monitoring; multi-layer white-ink imaging; and additional light colors for extended-gamut imaging.
EFI says that “strong initial demand for the 3r and 5r printers has resulted in early installations to customers in North America, Europe and the Middle East who wanted to replace slower, less-efficient, roll-to-roll printers.”
- January 2017: EFI Rolls Out New VUTEk LED and Largest Soft Signage Printer at EFI Connect Conference
- October 2016: EFI and Konica Minolta Extend Partnership to Include Cloud-Based Solutions for Production Printing
- October 2016: EFI Revenue up 7 Percent, Net Income up 76 Percent
- August 2016: EFI Relocating Commerical Inkjet-Printer Business to Consolidated Location in New Hampshire
- July 2016: EFI Second-Quarter Revenue up 21 Percent to $264 Million, But Net Income Slides
- June 2016: EFI Acquires Optitex in Bid to Extend Marketshare in Textile-Printing Industry
- June 2016: EFI Launches ‘Revolutionary’ Single-Pass Inkjet Press for Corrugated Printing at drupa
- April 2016: EFI: Record First-Quarter Revenue of $234 Million, up 20 Percent
- March 2016: EFI Showing New High-Volume Inkjet Press, Other New Production Offerings at Fespa