New PrinterLogic Partnership Brings Centralized Print-Driver Deployment, More, to Konica Minolta Copier/MFPs
PrinterLogic, which has developed a server-less enterprise print-management solution that enables businesses to eliminate Microsoft Windows print servers, reports that it’s partnering with Konica Minolta to bring additional print-driver management capabilities to Konica Minolta users. PrinterLogic says the partnership will enable Konica Minolta customers to take advantage of PrinterLogic’s print-driver management and deployment capabilities, which integrate with Konica Minolta’s existing print-management solutions.
PrinterLogic’s enterprise print-management solution provides centrally managed, direct IP printing and enables users to install their own printers.
The partnership enables Konica Minolta’s customers to use the following key PrinterLogic features:
- Centralized print-driver deployment and management: The ability to configure, deploy, and update print drivers from a single, centralized console allows customers to maintain a single print-driver repository that they can use to consistently deliver the right print driver to every printer in their organization. The firm says that not only does PrinterLogic reliably work with all custom and manufacturer print drivers, it also provides its own universal print driver for fail-safe printing. Its built-in multi-platform support for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac, and Linux end-user workstations ensures full-featured, dependable printing even in mixed-OS environments. PrinterLogic also supports 32- and 64-bit drivers, allowing both platforms to exist side-by-side, while eliminating concerns about the wrong print driver being installed.
- Eliminate print servers: Regardless of how many offices or employees an organization might have, IT staff may centrally manage all printers while eliminating print servers altogether to reduce print-related costs. PrinterLogic’s single integrated platform is said to replace all the functionality print servers used to provide, and simplifies print management, reducing costs, and enabling users to install printers themselves, without calling the enterprise’s help desk.
- Customers can also take advantage of greater security through PrinterLogic’s pull-printing capabilities, which enables users to send print jobs without releasing them until they are physically at the printer to release the jobs for printing.
- PrinterLogic also provides mobile printing, enabling users to print from their mobile devices to any network printer, regardless of the printer’s mobile-printing capabilities.
For more information on PrinterLogic, visit the firm here.
- February 2017: PrinterLogic Partnering with Plus Technologies for Server-Less Print Solution
- February 2017: PrinterLogic Signs North American Distribution Agreement with Tech Data
- August 2016: Toshiba to Distribute PrinterLogic’s Server-Less Print-Management Solution for Enterprises
- November 2014: New PrinterLogic Printer-Management Platform Eliminates the Need for Print Servers