New EFI Fiery EB-34 Digital Front End for Ricoh Pro 8200 Production Printers
Electronics For Imaging (EFI) reports that a new EFI Fiery digital front end (DFE) is now available for the RICOH Pro 8200 Series of black-and-white production printers.
EFI says its new Fiery EB-34 DFE is built on the latest Fiery FS200 Pro platform and delivers superior image quality in monochrome printing. It also features advanced print-job management and make-ready tools to streamline the print process with automated workflows. The new Fiery DFE also offers:
- Fiery Command WorkStation, a centralized user interface that allows users to manage all Fiery Driven monochrome and color printers in an integrated workflow.
- Fiery Grayscale Calibration, which is said to ensure consistent and optimal image reproduction by automatically measuring and enhancing tonal variances.
- Optional Fiery ImageViewer for Black and White, a full-resolution raster preview tool that gives users the ability to make black-curve adjustments to maintain output consistency between multiple devices.
- The optional Fiery Impose and Fiery JobMaster, visual make-ready tools that streamline complex tasks, giving users more flexibility in imposition, tab insertion and design, page-level ticketing, finishing, scanning, and late-stage editing.
- A connection to Fiery Navigator, a cloud-based digital-print management platform for Fiery Driven digital production presses.
- Integration with EFI Productivity Suites to establish certified, end-to-end workflows.
The Fiery EB-34 DFE also enables integration into existing production workflows for digital color and offset printing, giving print providers the ability to automate many business processes. The DFE can also be included in end-to-end, certified workflows with EFI MIS/ERP and web-to-print products, including the EFI Midmarket Productivity Suite, the EFI Quick Print Suite and EFI Digital StoreFront software for automated job submission and eCommerce, estimating, scheduling, job ticketing, accounting, and other processes.
John Fulena, vice president of Ricoh USA’s Production Printing Business Group commented: “The RICOH Pro 8200 series empowers printers to produce a wide variety of applications very quickly and efficiently. The new EFI Fiery EB-34 DFE helps customers drive productivity, so they can minimize their prep time while maintaining close control over production management steps to help ensure exceptional results with this latest monochrome addition to our production print portfolio.”
The Fiery EB-34 DFE is available now from Ricoh and authorized Ricoh resellers.
- February 2017: Ricoh Expands Color-Inkjet Production-Printer Portfolio with New Pro VC40000
- January 2017: Ricoh Acquires Avanti to Enhance its Production-Printer Portfolio
- January 2017: New Ricoh Pro C5200s Mid-Volume Color Production Printers with Optional Smart Operation Panel
- September 2016: New Ricoh Pro 8220s Series Production Printers Rated at up 136 PPM
- June 2016: New Ricoh MH5220 Inkjet Print Head for Industrial Printing
- April 2016: Ricoh is ‘Unrivaled Leader’ in U.S. High-Speed Continuous-Feed Inkjet Production-Printer Market
- January 2016: Ricoh Set to Enter Garment-Printing Market with AnaJet Acquisition