New Epson ‘Supertank’ Inkjet All-in-Ones Feature up to Two Years Worth of Ink
Epson America today extended its family of “Supertank” color inkjet All-in-Ones with refillable ink tanks with two new models, the Expression ET-2650 ($299.99 MSRP) and ET-2600 EcoTank ($279.99 MSRP), which it says are equipped with up to two years worth of ink, and provide savings of up to 80 percent on ink. The firm says that, with the included ink bottles, users will be able to print up to 4,000 black pages and up to 6,500 color pages (based on an average monthly print volume of about 150 pages), or the equivalent of about 20 ink-cartridge sets. Page yields are based on the ISO/IEC 24712 test standard.
Both All-in-Ones are designed for home and small-office users. The ET-2650 features:
- Epson drop-on-demand MicroPiezo color-inkjet-printing technology.
- Built-in wireless printing to print from tablets and smartphones.
- Maximum print resolution of 5,760 x 1,440 optimized dpi.
- 3-in-1 with wireless print, copy, and scan.
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac.
- Epson ESC/P-R print driver; includes Epson Scan 2 software.
- Prints on up to 8.5″ x 11″ media.
- ISO print speed rated at 10 (black)/4.5 (color) ppm.
- ISO copy speed rated at 7.7 (black)/3.7 (color) ppm.
- Maximum copy size of 8.5″ x 11″.
- Platen copy and scan only (no automatic document feeder).
- Color scan optical resolution of 2,500 dpi; hardware resolution of 1,200 x 2,400 dpi; maximum resolution of 9,600 dpi interpolated; color bit depth of 48-bit color input/24-bit color output.
- Scan to PC.
- Standard connectivity consists of Hi-Speed USB 2.0; Wireless (802.11 b/g/n); Wi-Fi Direct.
- Supported memory cards include: SD/SDHC/SDXC, MiniSD (with adapter), MiniSDHC (with adapter), MicroSD (with adapter), MicroSDHC (with adapter), MicroSDXC (with adapter).
- Mobile printing via Epson Connect: Epson iPrint (supports Apple iOS and Android mobile devices); also supports Android printing, and Fire OS mobile printing.
The ET-2650 uses four Epson EcoTank ink bottles. Replacement ink bottles consist of four 70 mL bottles: 664 Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow. Using an ISO test standard and Epson methodology, the black bottle yields 4,500 pages, while each color bottles yields 7,500 pages. Each of the four ink bottles has an MSRP of $12.99.
The ET-2600 is the same as the ET-2650, but doesn’t provide Wi-Fi Direct or built-in card slot for printing from memory cards.
The Expression ET-2650 EcoTank is now available through major computer, office and electronic retailers, and on the Epson store (www.epsonstore.com). The Expression ET-2600 EcoTank is available now online. Both printers feature a two-year limited warranty with registration.
Nils Madden, marketing director of Epson America’s Desktop Imaging and Printing group, commented on the two new All-in-Ones: “Supertank printers have seen great success in the North American printer market since the initial launch of EcoTank models for businesses and consumers. The Expression ET-2650 and ET-2600 EcoTank printers expand Epson’s line of Supertank printers and continue to address the needs of everyday home-printing needs, offering an unbeatable combination of value and convenience.”
- September 2016: New Epson Expression Premium ‘Small-in-One’ for Home Users Said to Produce Lab-Quality Prints
- August 2016: Two New ‘Supersize’ EcoTank Inkjet All-in-Ones from Epson, Including First Wide-Format ‘Supersize’ All-in-One
- May 2016: New Epson Color Inkjet All-in-Ones for Home Users with Wireless Connectivity, Mobile-Print-and Scan, Doc Feeder
- May 2016: Epson Updates Creative Print Mobile-Printing App for Printing Photos from Instagram
- April 2016: New Epson Expression Home XP-430 is Sub-$100 All-in-One with Wireless, Mobile, and Cloud Connectivity
- March 2016: In Departure, Epson Introduces WorkForce Business Inkjets that Print in Black-and-White Only
- January 2016: New Epson 64″ Fine-Art Photo Printer, the SureColor P20000 with 2.8-Times Faster Print Speed