Konica Minolta to Launch AiLingual Service Business Solution for Enabling Job-Manual Creation and Translation into 20 Languages
Konica Minolta of Tokyo, Japan, reports that it’ll launch its AiLingual service this spring. This cloud-based solution is designed for creating and publishing multilingual job manuals. AiLingual was designed in collaboration with two start-ups – Yaraku, Inc., which designed a business-translation solution and LittleSoft Corporation, which designed a workflow solution. The open-innovation project was promoted through Konica Minolta Business Innovation Center (BIC) Japan that develops new businesses.
Konica Minolta planned and developed this service with the cooperation of companies that have been improving their workplaces where foreigners are employed, including Matsuya Foods and Pronto Corporation, which operate major restaurant chains. Prior to its release, AiLingual was exhibited earlier in February at the Inbound Business EXPO Japan at Tokyo Big Sight
The firm notes that translation is required for employees who speak different native languages. AiLingual is said to provide “a one-stop service to complete the entire workflow from creating, translating, to publishing job manuals in one or more languages in the cloud, in order to minimize difficulties when communicating with foreign employees.”
AiLingual enables users, including restaurants, hotels, shops, plants, construction sites, hospitals, and nursing homes, to create, translate, and publish job manuals.
- Crowd Writing: Members can create new job manuals or import and use existing job manuals without advanced IT skills required. Job manuals can be edited concurrently by all members.
- Members can check the editing history and other members’ activities, request revisions with comments attached, and ask for approval from the chief editor.
- Translation: AiLingual offers automatic translation into 20 languages as a standard feature. When translation is required, users can directly send requests to professional translators from the system. Their results are stored in the translation memory. In the course of using AiLingual, the number of translated words and phrases peculiar to respective users increase, resulting in improved accuracy of automatic translation.
- Publishing: A completed job manual can be published for designated groups or members.
- Published job manuals can be viewed on PCs, tablets, and smartphones, and it may be specified that only the latest version be published. Viewers can access necessary information using search and bookmark functions. Data regarding access count, “Like”, comments, etc., is provided as feedback to the administrator.
- December 2016: Konica Minolta Partners with Teem to Provide Meeting-Room Management Solution
- November 2016: Konica Minolta Rolls Out ‘Smarter’ A3 MFPs with NFC Touch Area, Apps, Cloud Connectivity, More
- November 2016: Konica Minolta Launches New ECM Version of Dispatcher Phoenix Solution
- September 2016: Konica Minolta Rolls Out New ‘Workplace of the Future’ Smart-Office Solutions
- August 2016: ZVerse’s LAYR Content-Creation Platform for 3D Printing Now Available for Konica Minolta Dealers