Epson Says New DS-320 Portable Document Scanner is Fastest in its Class
Epson America today introduced the Epson DS-320 ($299 MSRP) portable document scanner with Auto Document Feeder (ADF). The firm rates the new DS-320 document scanner at up to 25 ppm/50 ipm – which it says makes it the fastest in its class as compared to other portable consumer document scanners with an ADF in the United States and Canada, using the AC adapter and power cable, and priced under $300.
The DS-320 features a 20-page ADF with single-pass duplex scanning and is equipped with TWAIN and ISIS scan drivers. It can be powered through AC or USB 3.03. It’s also bundled with Epson Document Capture, ABBYY FineReader, and Presto! BizCard Reader software.
Epson’s Document Capture software enables users to locally manage documents, or scan them directly to popular cloud services,. including Dropbox, Microsoft SharePoint, Evernote, FileBound, Google Drive. and other online storage accounts with just one touch. Epson also states that the updated version of Document Capture includes a simplified user interface for easier scanning, enabling users to scan documents as well as business cards and send directly to the pre-defined destination of their choice. Epson Document Capture software also provides image clean-up and color enhance/dropout, and file-name changing.
Users can scan a variety of originals – from rigid ID cards, receipts, stacks of business cards, to documents up to 44″ long, and use image-correction tools such as Epson Image Processing Technology for text and image adjustments including auto crop, skew correction, and blank-page and background removal. Users can create searchable and editable PDFs with the included OCR software.
The Epson DS-320 portable duplex document scanner with ADF will be available in late January through select value added resellers, distributors nationwide, e-tailers and at the Epson online store. The scanner features a one-year limited warranty with advance exchange service, along with an optional extended service plan for up to five years featuring overnight-exchange programs.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Epson here.
- January 2017: New Epson Portable Document Scanners Weigh in at Less than Three Pounds
- December 2016: Two New Desktop Document Scanners from Epson, the WorkForce ES-400, WorkForce ES-500W
- September 2016: Two New Workgroup Document Scanners from Epson Start at $299.99
- March 2015: Epson WorkForce Document Scanners Certified for Use with PSIGEN Software
- March 2015: New Epson Perfection V39 Personal Document Scanner with ArcSoft for Scanning Over-Size Documents
- February 2015: New $69.99 Desktop Document Scanner, Perfection V19, from Epson
- January 2015: Epson Office Scanners Certified for Use with eFileCabinet Document-Management Software
- November 2014: New Mid-Volume Document Scanner from Epson, the WorkForce DS-520, with Scan to Cloud