Konica Minolta Extends bizhub MarketPlace Apps Availability to over 35 Countries
Konica Minolta, Inc. of Japan reports that Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. and Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe GmbH are launching a new and enhanced version of the bizhub MarketPlace platform – first launched in January 2013 – in order to accommodate the global market, including the United States, Canada, and Europe with over 35 countries now supported. The bizhub MarketPlace features various apps, some free, some for pay, such as scanning and sending documents to accounts at cloud-based document-sharing and storage such as Evernote and Google Drive, and scanning and printing from Microsoft SharePoint.
bizhub MarketPlace runs on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud platform. Konica Minolta notes that the ability to connect services such as OneDrive, Google Drive and Email, and Microsoft SharePoint from the MFP provides quick access to stored documents with the benefit of secure processes and state-of-the-art technology. Other bizhub MarketPlace offers apps include:
- Communication apps such as Announcement, which displays informational ads/images on the MFP control panel.
- Printing apps such as Paper Templates, which allows MFP users to access and print forms, certificates, sheet paper, and other commonly used documents.
- Social apps such as RSS Feeds, which displays specific feeds from organizations that are related to a specific industry, blogs, subscribed online published content, and other sources for late-breaking news.
- Scan apps, which allows users to access, upload, and print files from popular cloud storage providers including Box, OneDrive, Konica Minolta’s FileAssist, and more.
A complete list of apps can be found here. MFPs can also be centrally managed via the bizhub MarketPlace Web site, which the firm says makes it simple to install and update apps.
The bizhub MarketPlace also offers customers the ability to create and install customized MFP user interfaces that have unique designs and features to meet individual needs while still fitting within a company’s workflows and corporate design guidelines. Konica Minolta also provides services for designing and creating custom user interfaces. Similar to additional apps or updates, custom user interfaces can be deployed remotely, which benefits major enterprises with many employees.
- February 2016: New FamilySearch App for Konica Minolta bizhub Copier/MFPs
- August 2015: Konica Minolta’s ‘Chameleon’ Lets Users Customize bizhub Touch Screens
- December 2013: Konica Minolta Adds Scan to Evernote Connector App for Direct Access to Evernote from a bizhub Touch Screen
- April 2013: Konica Minolta Adds Simple Copy App to bizhub Marketplace
- July 2013: Konica Minolta’s New bizhub C754e/C654e Features Latest INFO-Palette Touch Screen, Downloadable Marketplace Apps, 180 OPM Scan
- May 2013: New Konica Minolta bizhub C554e/C454e A3 Color MFPs with Downloadable MarketPlace Apps
- January 2013: Konica Minolta MarketPlace Apps for bizhub MFPs Now Available