Canon Launches Third-Generation, Mid-Volume A3 imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4500 Copier/MFPs
Canon U.S.A. today launched its new imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4500 Series of black-and-white A3 copier/MFPs that incorporate its third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform. The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE 51-ppm 4551i ($15,000 MSRP), 45-ppm 4545i ($13,500 MSRP), 35-ppm 4535i ($10,000 MSRP), and 25-ppm 4525i ($8,000 MSRP) are said to provide “excellent document workflow systems for small to mid-size offices, departments within large enterprises and document-intensive industries that require efficient, cost-effective, monochrome printing, including legal, financial services, education and healthcare.”
The new A3 MFPs print and scan on up to 11″ x 17″ and are available via Canon authorized dealers. They feature standard black-and-white print and copy, color scan, and optional fax.
Standard features include a single-pass duplex scanning document feeder (standard with imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4551i/4545i MFPs, and optional for the imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4535i/4525i MFPs).
According to Canon, these third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE models include advanced personalization and can support third-party cloud-based business applications using the optional Canon ADVANCE Cloud Portal. (ADVANCE Cloud Portal is available through all imageRUNNER ADVANCE authorized Canon dealers. The imageRUNNER ADVANCE system that will be running ADVANCE Cloud Portal requires the MEAP Web Connection Kit and the PDF Direct Print Feature.)
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4500 Series also includes enhanced standard security features incorporated in third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs, including Universal Login Manager (ULM), a server-less user-authentication solution. Upon user-authentication at the device, the My ADVANCE solution interfaces with each individual’s preferred functions and settings, while also helping control user access. Canon notes that customers in education may find these helpful in providing secure, confusion free use to teachers, instructors, and other users to enable them to more easily access and print the documents.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4500 Series also provides new scanning capabilities, and each model can support a variety of document-finishing options, including hole-punching, Staple-Free stapling, Staple on Demand, and booklet-making. Canon states that, combined with the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop solution, legal firms can more easily combine scanned images and other files to more effectively support eDiscovery and case-management needs.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4500 Series can be connected to the optional Canon uniFLOW and uniFLOW Online solutions, the latter of which is a cloud-based print-management solution for companies wanting more control and tracking of their printing.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4500 series features a set of standard security capabilities and can support optional capabilities. They feature a standard Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Encryption function with FIPS140-2 validation which, when activated, automatically encrypts data stored on the main unit’s hard disk drive, thereby helping to restrict access to customers’ data. These security features and other optional features are said to help financial and healthcare customers protect client and patient information and help them meet privacy regulations.
Device and Fleet Management
So that customers and channel partners can benefit from centralized control for day-to-day management, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4500 Series can be supported by Canon’s free imageWARE Enterprise Management Console5, its plug-ins, and Canon’s Managed Document Services. These additional solutions and services, allow customers to deploy and manage device settings, user settings, and security features across fleets of imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs.
All third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE models are designed to help support customers’ sustainability goals. The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4500 Series models are Energy Star certified and rated EPEAT Gold.
For more information and complete specifications on the 4551, visit Canon here; here for the 4545i; here for the 4535i; and here for the 4525i.
- September 2016: Canon Announces Third-Generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE A3 Color Copier/MFPs for High-Volume Deployments
- September 2016: New Canon Therefore Online SMB Information-Management Workflow Application with Simpler Setup
- September 2016: New Canon imageCLASS Desktop MFPs with Wi-Fi Direct Connection for Connecting to Mobile Devices without a Router
- August 2016: Canon Introduces New Cloud-Based uniFLOW Print-Management Solution, Plus ADVANCE Cloud Portal V 2.0
- August 2016: Canon’s New Business Services Platform for Dealers Designed to Make Providing Canon Solutions Easier
- August 2016: Canon Adds New A3 imageRUNNER ADVANCE 5500 Series Color MFPs, imageCLASS LBP712Cdn Color Laser Printer
- June 2016: Canon Introduces Next-Generation of Therefore Document-Workflow Solution
- May 2016: Canon Adds imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500 and 6500 Series to List of AirPrint-Enabled MFPs
- April 2016: Canon Rolls Out Slew of New imageCLASS Laser Printers, MFPs with AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, NFC, Mopria Mobile Printing
- February 2016: Third-Generation Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs Feature Standard Secure HDD, Updated Touch Screen, User-Authentication Options