Funai Launches VERITÉ Eco Inkjets Bundled with up to 12 High-Yield Ink Cartridges
Billed as “the easiest way to save on your inkjet costs,” Funai Electric has introduced its newest additions to the Kodak VERITÉ series of consumer and small- and home-office inkjet printers at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) currently being held in Las Vegas. The new inkjets are bundled with additional ink cartridges for lower ink costs.
Funai says the KODAK VERITÉ Eco Series inkjet printers are already available in the United States and United Kingdom, and that it developed the line of all-in-one inkjet printers to address “lingering consumer dissatisfaction with the high cost of ink and cartridges that run out of ink too quickly.”
Funai also says the new printers provide “an easy way for people to use up to 30 percent less ink” and save up to 70-percent or more on their printing costs. The up to 30-percent less ink used claim is based on actual ink used when printing color graphics and text documents obtained by continuous printing in accordance with the ISO/IEC 24711 test standard (actual results may vary depending on number of pages actually printed per month and content of pages printed).
The printers also feature what is said to be a first of its kind, a cost-saving Eco Mode 1, under which the printers uses 20-percent less ink by reducing the density of ink printed on a page, resulting in a slightly less vibrant image. Eco Mode 2 uses 30-percent less ink on a page by also reducing the density of ink printed as with Eco Mode 1, and by also reducing the size of the printed image by 3.25 percent on each side of the page. For more information on Eco Modes, see www.kodakverite.com/ecomode.
High-Yield and Super-High-Yield Ink Cartridges
Along with standard-yield ink cartridges, also available are higher-yield XL and 3XL cartridges. Funai states that the high-capacity XL cartridges feature double the print yield of standard-yield inkjet cartridges, and that the 3XL cartridges provide six times the page yield of a standard cartridge. It states that a 3XL cartridge (MSRP $44.98 for black, $59.98 for color) is equivalent to over $280 of ink when using other leading manufacturer’s ink cartridges.
Wireless Connectivity and More
The VERITÉ Eco Series Wireless Printers feature wireless connectivity for color print, scan, and copy. Scanning and printing from a smartphone or tablet takes a single touch from the VERITÉ Printer App available for Apple and Android mobile devices.
Funai says the printers are exceptionally easy to set-up and connect so that users can print and scan from Android or Apple smartphones or tablets within minutes.
Mega Series Model with Two 3XL Cartridges
The VERITÉ Mega Series printer is bundled with two 3XL cartridges, the equivalent of 12 standard cartridges of ink (a $192 value). These bundles are sold for $99 – $149 (depending on model).
The VERITÉ Mega Series printer features wireless-direct and local Wi-Fi connectivity to enable wireless printing from mobile devices through the VERITÉ Printer App, Apple AirPrint, and Google Cloud Print.
The Kodak VERITÉ Eco Series Printers are available at major retailers in the United States and at Amazon.com. Replacement ink cartridges are also available at retail and online starting at $11.99 for a standard (200-page yield) black ink cartridge and $19.99 for a standard (180-page yield) color ink cartridge.
The new models consist of:
- The Kodak VERITÉ 55W Eco All-in-One, which has an MSRP of $59.99 and is bundled with the equivalent of $32 of ink. For more information, visit Funai here.
- The Kodak VERITÉ 55 XL Plus, which has an MSRP of $69.99, and is bundled with $64 of XL ink cartridges. For more information, visit Funai here.
- The Kodak VERITÉ 65 XL Plus, which has an MSRP of $89.99, and includes $64 of XL ink cartridges. For more information, visit Funai here.
- The Kodak VERITÉ 55 Eco Mega Cartridge All-in-One has an MSRP of $119.99. It’s bundled with the equivalent of 12 cartridges of ink, which Funai says is the equivalent of $192 of ink. For more information, visit Funai here.
Funai is the worldwide licensee for Kodak consumer and SOHO inkjet printers, and acquired Lexmark’s consumer inkjet-printer business in 2013 for $100 million.
- June 2015: This Week in Imaging: Funai Selling Kodak Inkjets; New Hardware from Canon; In-House Testing; More
- June 2015: Funai Begins Selling KODAK VERITÉ 55, Promising up to 50-Percent Ink Savings
- February 2015: After Purchasing Lexmark’s Inkjet Business, Funai Electric to Also Sell Kodak-Brand Small Office and Consumer Printers Worldwide
- April 2013: Funai Electric Acquiring Lexmark’s Inkjet Business for $100 Million