Xerox Rolls Out Self-Serve Copier/MFPs at Staples
Last week, Xerox announced a new partnership with Electronics for Imaging (EFI) and Staples under which it’s introduced self-serve kiosk copier/MFPs (above) at select Staples’ retail stores. The new kiosk MFP provides scan, print, copy, email, and fax for pay.
According to Xerox, the Staples self-serve kiosk is a custom-built device for Staples in-store customers, and enables printing with the Xerox WorkCentre 7800 Series MFP. The MFP also features a new Android-based interface that runs on a standard tablet attached to the MFP. The MFP provides payment, usage, and receipt functionality, and also includes the option to scan in coupons or a Staples customer-loyalty card during a transaction.
Xerox says it took nearly two years to bring this device to market. In August, nearly 3,000 devices were placed in Staples stores across the United States, and although the new self-service fleet is less than three months old, Staples says it’s already seeing a positive response from customers and associates. Jose Bernal, vice president of Production and Operations for Staples said, “The growth of traditional services like printing and copying has exceeded our expectations and new services like scanning and emailing are growing at a surprising clip.”
According to Staples’ Web site, the Xerox kiosk MFP also provides cloud access, enabling users to access and print their documents stored in accounts in cloud-based document-storage and sharing sites such as Dropbox.com and Google Drive. Customers may also print from their email accounts by sending documents to email@example.com.
Xerox has been partnering with Staples for nearly 20 years as a retail location for customers to purchase Xerox printing solutions, and also provides a fleet of Xerox production-printers to support Staples’ Print & Marketing Service Centers across the country.
The Xerox development team for the MFP kiosk recently received the Staples Innovation Award at the annual Staples Supplier Summit. The Innovation Award is given to projects that are breakthrough technologies that significantly improve Staples workflows and the customer experience.
- December 2016: Xerox Gears up for ‘Largest New Product Launch’ – 29 New ConnectKey MFPs Coming, New Dealer Recruitment
- November 2016: Xerox Launches ‘Healthcare Copier/MFPs’ Optimized for Healthcare with Kno2 Document-Exchange Cloud Service
- November 2016: Xerox Expands Solutions for Helping Customers Move from Paper to Digital, More
- November 2016: New Xerox Web Capture Service Said to Eliminate ‘Pain Points’ of Document Scanning and Processing
- October 2016: Xerox Survey: 80 Percent of Small and Mid-Size Businesses Want to Reduce Paper Usage
- June 2016: Xerox Integrating Dokmee Document-Capture Software into Scanners, DocuShare
- June 2016: Xerox’s New Analytics Hub Said to Ease Legal-Review Workloads
- May 2016: Xerox Rolls Out Secure Print Manager Suite 2.0, MFP App Customization Service, Plus New Workflow-Automation Solutions
- March 2016: New Xerox i-Series MFPs Feature Latest ConnectKey 3.0 Apps for Document-Processing, WorkFlow, Supply-Ordering, More