New Fujitsu SP-1425 Desktop Document Scanner Designed for Moving Paper to Digital Quickly and Easily
On December 9th, Fujitsu introduced the Document Scanner SP-1425 ($695 U.S. list price) that the firm says provides paper-intensive office environments tools to boost automation, productivity, and efficiency. The desktop document scanner is also said to feature a compact footprint, making it ideal for small businesses, and satellite and home offices.
The Fujitsu SP-1425 is equipped with both a 50-page automatic document feeder (ADF) and a flatbed scanner, and is rated at 25 ppm/50 ipm at 200 or 300 dpi (color, grayscale, monochrome). The flatbed platen enables users to scan different-size documents (maximum document size is 8.5″ x 11.7″) and fragile documents.
Other scanning features and image-processing capabilities include:
- The new scanner supports a wide variety of documents, including long paper scanning (up to 120″), mixed-document handling of pages of different sizes and colors through the ADF, as well as scanning of plastic cards and passports on the flatbed.
- PaperStream IP for SP Series: With this TWAIN- and ISIS-compliant driver, users are said to have a powerful image-correction solution that converts documents into clean images, enhancing the most popular industry-standard drivers.
- PaperStream Capture Lite: With its intuitive interface and simple operation, Fujitsu says users can complete tasks such as batch scanning quickly and easily. PaperStream Capture Lite also integrates with PaperStream IP for SP Series, assisting scanning and providing visual cleanup of documents.
- Scanner Central Admin provides centralized administration, enabling users to manage their scanner fleet, and is also said to reduces the total cost of ownership (TCO) and work that goes into setting up, operating, and maintaining multiple Fujitsu document scanners in an organization. Users can track scan counts, monitor scanner running status, update scanner drivers, check consumable status, and more, all over a network, from one location.
- ABBYY FineReader Sprint software converts text documents into editable and searchable Microsoft Word and Excel files.
The Fujitsu SP-1425 is available now through authorized resellers, VARs, and distributors.
For more information and complete product specifications, visit Fujitsu here.
- December 2016: Fujitsu Adds Web-Based Document Scanning, More, to Upgraded PaperStream Application
- November 2016: Fujitsu’s ScanSnap Cloud for Scanning to Cloud Sites Adds Four New Destinations
- August 2016: New Fujitsu fi-7030 Document Scanner with Enhanced Image-Processing Software
- June 2016: New Fujitsu Departmental Document Scanners Start at $3,995
- June 2016: New ScanSnap Cloud for Fujitsu Scanners for One-Touch Routing to Cloud Sites
- October 2015: Canon and Fujitsu Join Forces to Develop Solutions Using Network Cameras
- March 2015: New Fujitsu fi-6400 Production-Level Document Scanner Scans at up to 100 PPM
- December 2014: ABBYY Europe Partnering with Fujitsu to Expand Document-Capture Solutions
- October 2014: Ricoh Expands Fujitsu Offerings to Include Network Storage, Servers, Tablets and Notebooks
- February 2014: Fujitsu Launches Rent-a-Scanner Service