New Ricoh A3 Color MFPs for High-Volume Offices Equipped with Latest Smart Operation Panel,
On December 5th, Ricoh USA introduced its next-generation, highest-volume A3 office color copier/MFPs, the 65-ppm MP C6503 and 80-ppm MP C8003, both of which Ricoh bills as high-speed solutions for larger office workgroups, and are equipped with Ricoh’s latest Smart Operation Panel control panel.
Ricoh also states that the new MFPs, which are available through Ricoh dealers, incorporate its Workstyle Innovation Technology that’s designed to streamline the flow of information throughout organizations. At the center of this is Ricoh’s standard 10.1″ Smart Operation Panel control panel that is operated like a tablet PC or personal mobile device, with pinch, flick, and swipe operation, and which features a new user interface, customizable menus, and one-touch short cuts.
The new MFPs, which are Energy Star-certified, also feature 1,200 x 4,800 dpi resolution, 3″ full-bleed printing, and a variety of document-finishing options that Ricoh says make the MFPs suitable for in-house printing, such as those print jobs produced by marketing and design firms.
The MP C6503 and MP C8003 feature an integrated motion sensor that detects approaching users and activates key control-panel operations, allowing users to begin working with the MFPs almost immediately. The MFPs also feature Ricoh’s Smart Device Connector app, another component of Workstyle Innovation Technology, and which enables integration with mobile devices to for sharing information between other Ricoh devices, such as Interactive Whiteboards and projectors.
The MP C6503 and MP C8003 support media weights of up to 300 g/m2, paper sizes up 13″ x 19.2″, and provide up to an 8,100-sheet paper capacity with options. Up to 3,000 frequently used files can be saved to the internal Document Server with one-touch access to those specified via the control panel. There’s also instant access to the embedded Web browser or cloud-base applications for managing images, documents, and more.
Features for both new MFPs include:
- Optional Group 3 fax, and optional fax via email to reduce costs.
- Add full-bleeds on three edges and print banners up to 49.6″ long.
- ID Card Copy and Scan to Folder Helper.
- Optional workflow software, including Ricoh Streamline NX and Nuance AutoStore.
- Document-finishing options that include hole-punching, booklet-making, multi-folding unit, cover interposing, and more.
- Store up to 3,000 frequently used documents in them standard Document Server and access them with one touch. Use Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to place metadata on files and then find them with a keyword search. Locate information online or from cloud applications via the embedded Web browser, and print immediately.
- User authentication via pass codes, billing codes, or via the optional Near Field Communication (NFC) Card Reader. Administrators can track printing, set print quotas, and assign chargebacks via Ricoh Device Manager NX Accounting. Administrators can also collect meter reads, update print drivers, manage configurations, and more.
- Standard 220-sheet single-pass automatic document feeder with single-pass color duplex scanning.
- Ethernet (10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T) network interface and USB 2.0 port.
- Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n interface for the MP C8003, which is optional for the MP C6503.
- Full-color scanning; simplex scan speed rated at 120 ipm; duplex scan speed rated at 220 ipm.
- October 2016: Ricoh USA Launches New Copier/MFPs, Printers with Smart Operation Panel, Motion Sensor
- October 2016: Ricoh USA Launches Application Site, New MFP Applications
- September 2016: Ricoh Joins Laserfiche VAR Program for Enterprise Content Management Solutions
- June 2016: Ricoh’s Next-Generation A3 Color MFPs with Tablet-Like Operation Touchscreen, ICE Integration, More
- February 2016: New Ricoh Electronic Data Exchange Automates Capture and Storage of Diverse Healthcare Information
- June 2015: Ricoh Offering ECM’s Syncplicity Secure Cloud-Based Document-Storage and Sharing Solution
- April 2015: Ricoh Launches CHAMPS Cloud IT Services for Ricoh Dealers
- March 2015: Ricoh’s mindSHIFT Launches Cloud Servers in Amazon’s Web Services Market