New Panasonic Document Scanners, KV-S8127, KV-S8147, Can Scan up to 100,000 Pages per Day
Panasonic System Communications Company of North America today rolled out two new high-volume production document scanners, the KV-S8127 ($14,995 SRP) and KV-S8147 ($16,500 SRP) both designed for “government, banking, service bureaus, and any high-volume scanning application.”
Supporting up to 100,000-sheet-daily duty cycles and speeds of up to 120 ppm/240 ipm (KV-S8127) and 140 ppm/280 ipm (KV-S8147), Panasonic says the new document scanners raise both image quality and productivity bars with such proprietary features as enhanced Large Scale Integrated Circuit-driven hardware image processing and “Toughfeed” mixed-media document handling with integrated mechanical de-skew and double-feed re-try.
Workflow-optimization features include long-life rollers supporting up to 600,000 scans between replacements, mixed-batch scanning of documents of various thicknesses ranging from paper-thin to cardboard, LSI hardware image-processing that eliminates the typical speed penalty when switching from 200 dpi to 300 dpi resolution scanning, and a Paper Exit Direction Selector that uses separate paths for scanning normal documents and extra-thick or specialty documents without time-wasting setup procedures.
Other features of the KV-S8100 series include specially designed sensors that identify the host computer, operating system, scanning application, measuring method, paper type, and image density, and process this information through an algorithm that determines the best balance between speed and quality for each job.
Image processing functions shared by the two models include: Automatic Brightness Adjustment, Automatic Image Emphasis, Dynamic Threshold, White Level Readings Taken Directly From Paper, Automatic Separation, Noise Reduction, Auto Preview, Auto Rescan, Dither, Error Diffusion, and Multi-color Dropout.
Both new scanners are currently available through Panasonic authorized resellers.
- November 2016: Panasonic to Provide Scan-Optic Cloud-Based Document-Capture Services
- September 2016: New Panasonic PremierOCR for Advanced Processing of Scanned Documents
- August 2016: New A3 Flatbed Document Scanner from Panasonic
- February 2016: New Panasonic Document Scanners Scan up to 100 PPM, Bundled with ToughPad Tablets
- October 2015: New A4 Desktop Document Scanner KV-S2087 from Panasonic Scans at up to 170 IPM
- May 2015: Select Panasonic Document Scanners Now Bundled with Neat Cloud Service
- January 2015: New Panasonic Document Scanners Feature Nuance PaperPort 14 Professional Software
- April 2014: New Massive Japan Alliance – Including Panasonic – Aims to Produce Next-Generation 3D Industrial Printers