New Fiery Controllers for Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series C7500 Light-Production Systems
On November 10th, Electronics For Imaging (EFI) announced that it’s again partnered with Canon to make available new EFI Fiery digital front ends (DFEs) for the new Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series C7500 color MFPs (see our story here) for high-volume printing in offices and multi-user environments. The existing Canon ColorPASS-GX500 and the new imagePASS-N1 servers run on the latest Fiery FS200 Pro/FS200 platform.
According to EFI, the Fiery Driven front ends for the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7500 Series feature various advantages, including:
- The two servers run on the latest Fiery FS200 platform, providing “the ultimate in print-quality productivity and versatility” according to EFI.
- Users can produce a variety of print applications and personalized communications with high-quality color using Fiery make-ready tools such as Impose, Compose and Fiery VUE.
- For the ColorPASS-GX500 controller, Fiery JobMaster, Fiery JobFlow, and the Graphic Arts Package, Premium Edition add more capabilities.
- The Fiery FS200 platform is said to make integration with other JDF-compliant systems easy.
- Fiery servers also support printing using the optional Canon uniFLOW software to enable users to take advantage of uniFLOW modules, including accounting and reporting, secure printing, print room management, job routing, and scanning.
- The ColorPASS-GX500 controller features the “unity display” external monitor that enables users to switch between EFI Fiery Command WorkStation and the imageRUNNER ADVANCE engine control panel. This allows users to remotely monitor paper trays, check paper information, check the status of jobs in the queue, specify paper type for each paper source, check remaining toner, etc., which increases the overall efficiency of the solution.
- The EFI controllers support the latest version of Fiery Command WorkStation, which offers new ways to prioritize print production.
For more information about the Canon ColorPASS-GX500, the imagePASS-N1 and Canon printing solutions for the office and production environments, visit www.usa.canon.com. For information about solutions from EFI, visit www.efi.com.
- September 2016: Canon Announces New imagePRESS C65
- Press Release: Canon U.S.A. Set to Showcase Enhanced Version of Proofing Solution Software
- Press Release: Canon Announces Version 5 of PRISMAsync Print Servers with New Color Editing and Control Capabilities, Mobile Remote Alerting and Embedded Workflow Connectivity
- Press Release: Canon’s New Version of PRISMAdirect Software Expands Order and Print Production Management Capabilities
- Press Release: Canon U.S.A. Launches the Océ Color Control Suite
- September 2016: Canon Aims to Cement Market Leadership in Color Production-Print Market with New imagePress C850
- August 2016: Canon Leads U.S. Mid-Volume Color Production-Printing Market for Six Consecutive Quarters
- January 2016: Canon and EFI Expand Relationship with Integration of Production-Printing Workflow Suites
- September 2015: Canon Launches Next-Generation in High-Speed Inkjet Printing, the Océ ColorStream 3000 Z Series
- September 2015: Canon Expo 2015: Canon Previews Secure MFP, Mobile Printing, imageRUNNER ADVANCE Z, 3D-Printer Prototype, More
- September 2015: Canon Rolls Out imagePRESS C10000VP Series with 1.5-Million Page Monthly Duty Cycle