HP Now Taking Orders for its First 3D Printer, First Public Demo at formnext
HP Inc. today announced they it will showcase what it’s calling “the world’s first production-ready commercial 3D-printing system” at the formnext 3D-printing convention being held in Frankfurt, Germany November 15-18. HP reports that it’s now also taking orders for its 3D printer here.
The HP Jet Fusion 3D 4200 Printer is designed for prototyping and short-run manufacturing needs, with “high productivity to meet same-day demands at the lowest cost per part,” according to HP. Several HP co-development partners including Jabil, Materialise, and Shapeways, will be among the first to install the HP Jet Fusion 3D 4200 Printer in the coming weeks.
Along with product installations, HP says its materials-innovation program is underway with new partners such as BASF announcing its commitment to the HP Open Materials program, and Evonik Industries, a provider of specialty chemicals based in Germany, introducing the first certified plastic material to emerge from the HP Open Platform. Evonik’s new PA-12 VESTOSINT powder will be available for HP Jet Fusion 3D Printing Solution customers. Arkema, a specialty-chemicals and advanced-materials company based in France, also honored HP with its Breakthrough and Visionary Innovation Award.
HP is initially working with three German resellers to prepare the German marketplace for the HP Jet Fusion 3D products, specifically:
- 3D Experts, an established 3D reseller specialized in prototyping and rapid manufacturing.
- Kaut Bullinger, a specialized reseller for office technology, engineering, and imaging.
- Solidpro, one of the leading 3D CAD/CAM resellers in German-speaking countries.
Once these companies, and other German resellers expected to work with HP, complete the HP 3D Print Specialization Application and requirements, they become an HP authorized partner. Authorized partners will sell and service the entire portfolio of HP’s 3D printing solutions and accessories across Germany.
“This week we are thrilled to show the HP Jet Fusion 3D 4200 printer in action, for the first time publicly in Europe, at formnext 2016, one of world’s premiere 3D printing events,” commented Emilio Juarez, EMEA Sales Director for the HP 3D Printing Business group. “HP is continuing to expand our list of customers, partners and resellers, including the addition of several German resellers collaborating with us for the first time at formnext. As we expand the 3D ecosystem with the game changing Multi Jet Fusion technology, the HP Open Platform for materials innovation and a commitment to best-in-class customer experience, HP is helping shift the industry from prototyping to full-scale manufacturing.”
About HP Jet Fusion 3D-Printing Solutions
The HP 3D Printing Solution was designed to “revolutionize design, prototyping, and manufacturing, and for the first time, deliver superior quality physical parts up to 10 times faster and at half the cost of current 3D-print systems.” By printing functional parts for the first time at the individual voxel level (a voxel is the 3D equivalent of a 2D pixel in traditional two-dimensional printing), HP says it offers customers an unprecedented ability to transform part properties and deliver mass customization.
Designed for model shops and 3D-print service bureaus, the HP Jet Fusion 3D Printing Solution is said to provide:
- Simplified workflow and reduced cost for radical prototyping.
- Delivery of final parts manufacturing with breakthrough economics.
- Open materials and software innovation platform that lowers barriers to adoption and enables new applications across industries.
For more information about the latest HP Jet Fusion 3D printing solutions, visit HP here.
- October 2016: Half of the Custom Parts in HP’s 3D Printers Will Be 3D-Printed
- July 2016: HP Blog: HP and Jabil, a 3D-Printing Partnership to Revolutionize 3D Printing
- June 2016: HP: What Sets Our 3D Printers Apart from Competitors – Speed, Strength, and More
- May 2016: It’s Here: HP Delivers Two Jet Fusion 3D Printers Designed to Reinvent Prototyping and Manufacturing
- May 2016: HP Inc. Blog: How HP’s 3D Printing Will Re-Shape the Future, from Manufacturing, to Entire Economies
- March 2016: HP’s Dion Weisler Shares Thoughts on HP’s 3D-Printing Strategy; 3D Printers to Ship Later this Year
- November 2015: HP Inc. Opens New R&D Center Devoted to 3D Printing in Spain