Epson Plans on Bigger Push into UAE, Saudi Arabia Consumer-Printer Markets
The Khaleej Times reports that Epson of Tokyo, Japan, is planning a bigger push into the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Saudi Arabia printer markets. Jason Whiley, a director of sales at Epson, told the newspaper that the consumer-printer business is very strong for Epson in both countries, and that Epson plans to invest more in the UAE and Saudi Arabia to strengthen its team and service offerings, despite the fact that Gulf governments face budgetary challenges.
“We have ambitious plans to grow and that’s the reason we are investing in terms of people, services and products in the Gulf countries especially in the UAE and Saudi Arabia,” Whiley said. Whiley said that Epson enjoys market share of more than 30 percent in consumer-printer segments. However, he said, “Our growth is almost flat for business-segment printers, which is good sign as it’s not declining,” he added.
Whiley said the consumers seek a combination of speed, printing quality, and running cost when choosing printers.
Epson is marketing various color-inkjet printers in the region, with some models equipped with refillable ink tanks, including its WorkForce Pro RIPS (Replaceable Ink Pack System) models that it says provide printing up to 75,000 pages without the need for replacing ink.
- August 2016: Epson Stumbles in Latest Fiscal Quarter, but Reports Increased Sales of High-Capacity Ink-Tank Printers
- August 2016: Two New ‘Supersize’ EcoTank Inkjet All-in-Ones from Epson, Including First Wide-Format ‘Supersize’ All-in-One
- July 2016: Epson Says it’s Sold 15 Million High-Capacity Ink-Tank Printers Since 2010
- April 2016: Epson Reports Full-Year Results; 100-PPM Line-Head Inkjet Printers May Be on the Way
- April 2016: Epson’s New Indonesia Factory Begins Making High-Capacity Ink-Tank and Business Inkjets
- April 2016: Epson Introduces New ‘Print365’ Managed Print Services Program in The Netherlands
- March 2016: Impression Solutions to Distribute Epson Business Inkjets with Replaceable Ink Packs to Office-Equipment Dealers
- February 2016: Epson Increasing Production of Ink Bottles for High-Capacity Ink-Tank Printers, All-in-Ones
- February 2016: Epson Says it’s Sold More than a Million InkTank Printers in India
- February 2016: Earnings up for Epson’s Third Quarter, but Down for Last Nine Months; Forecast Unchanged
- January 2016: Epson to Triple PrecisionCore Inkjet Print-Head Production with 20 Billion Yen Investment