EFI Revenue up 7 Percent, Net Income up 76 Percent
On October 24th, Electronics for Imaging (EFI) reported “record” third-quarter revenue of $246 million, up 7 percent compared to third-quarter 2015’s revenue of $228.7 million. Net income was $17.7 million, or $0.37 per diluted share, up 76 percent, compared to $10.3 million, or $0.21 per diluted share, for third-quarter 2015.
Non-GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) net income was $27.6 million, or $0.58 per diluted share, up 16 percent, compared to non-GAAP net income of $24.1 million, or $0.50 per diluted share, for third-quarter 2015.
For the nine months that ended on September 30, 2016, EFI reported revenue of $725.4 million, up 16 percent year-over-year compared to $626.0 million for the same period in 2015. Net income was $25.0 million, or $0.52 per diluted share, up 8 percent, compared to $23.2 million, or $0.48 per diluted share, for the same period in 2015. Non-GAAP net income was $80.5 million, or $1.68 per diluted share, up 18 percent, compared to non-GAAP net income of $68.5 million, or $1.42 per diluted share, for the same period in 2015.
Guy Gecht, CEO of EFI, commented: “Our balanced business model was again the story in the third quarter. We are delighted with the strong organic growth in our Industrial Inkjet and Productivity Software segments, coupled with a rebound in cash from operations. We are entering the home stretch of 2016 with a robust pipeline of opportunities to partner with customers around the world in transforming and growing their businesses.”
- July 2016: EFI Second-Quarter Revenue up 21 Percent to $264 Million, But Net Income Slides
- June 2016: EFI Acquires Optitex in Bid to Extend Marketshare in Textile-Printing Industry
- April 2016: EFI: Record First-Quarter Revenue of $234 Million, up 20 Percent
- January 2016: ‘Record Revevue’ for EFI’s Fourth-Quarter, but Net Income Down
- October 2015: Revenue, Net Income Continue Upward Trend for EFI’s Third Quarter
- July 2015: EFI Makes Two Key Acquisitions; Launches New Fiery Server
- July 2015: EFI Reports Record Revenue of $203 Million, Net-Income Gains
- April 2015: EFI Reports Record First Quarter Revenue of $195 Million
- January 2015: EFI REPORTS RECORD REVENUE FOR FOURTH QUARTER AND FULL-YEAR 2014
- October 2014: EFI REPORTS RECORD REVENUE OF $198 MILLION FOR THIRD-QUARTER 2014
- April 2014: EFI REPORTS FIRST-QUARTER REVENUE IS UP 10 PERCENT
- January 2014: EFI REPORTS RECORD FOURTH-QUARTER AND FULL-YEAR 2013 FINANCIAL RESULTS