New OKI Europe ‘Smart Printer’ Color Printers for Desktop to Enterprise
OKI Europe, a a division of OKI Data Corporation, reports that it’s launching new “smart printer” color printers and copier/MFPs for “businesses of every size – from home and small offices to large enterprises,” all of which are based on OKI’s toner-based LED-printing technology. The new models consists of the C332dn printer, MC363dn MFP, C542dn printer, MC573dn MFP, C612dn printer, and C712dn printer, and three A3 printers, the the C823/833/843, for printing on up to 11″ x 17″ media.
OKI Europe says the new models “put professional quality color printing within reach of every business,” so that, for instance, businesses can print color output in-house. The launch expands OKI Europe’s “smart printer” range, extending smart printing and document management and control to the desktop for the first time.
All of the new devices are said to include new features to improve connectivity, and a Gigabit Ethernet network interface to enable fast transfer of large color files across a network. The C542dn and MC573dn are both compatible with Apple AirPrint for mobile printing with Apple devices, and all devices are Google Cloud Print 2.0 ready for mobile printing. Optional wireless connectivity is also available. The new devices are also said to incorporate the latest security features as standard, including Private Print to help keep confidential documents safe, with optional Card Release and Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) compliance.
OKI Europe says that set-up, use, and maintenance has also been simplified, and video guidance is available for installation and changing consumables.
The new range begins with the C332dn and MC363dn, which feature ProQ2400 print quality, and are said to provide the fastest print speeds for their class on the market.
For more advanced needs, there is the new C542dn printer and MC573dn MFP, which feature touch-screen technology and smart printing. The models’ customisable 7” screen and OKI’s smart extendable platform (sXP) enable connection to an existing pull-printing fleet and access to document-management software, at no extra cost. Both feature a new print engine for print speeds of up to 30 (monochrome)/30 (color) ppm and 1,200 x 1,200 dpi print quality.
sXP Platform and SENDYS Explorer
OKI’s sXP open platform sXP and integrated SENDYS Explorer software are designed for enabling digital workflows in various industries, for example in healthcare, retail, and the professional print-service-provider market, with “quick and easy scanning of all types of documents, at the point of creation, for example in a clinical setting, or at the point of sale within retail.”
High Volume Color Printing for Workgroups
The C612dn and C712dn are the highest-volume models among the new models, and are said to combine fast printing with “reliability and robust security and a surprisingly low cost of ownership.” The portfolio also includes A3 digital LED printers such as the C823, 833, and 843, which OKI says have the smallest footprint on the market. OKI says that with its digital, toner-based LED-printing technology and OKI HD Color output, the C800 Series “delivers outstanding print quality particularly saturated colours and finer details on an un-rivalled range of media, perfect for creative businesses.”
Specifications for the C532/C542/ MC573 inclue:
- Rated print speed of up to 30 ppm.
- First time to print of 7.5 seconds.
- 1,200 dpi resolution.
- Standard 250-sheet paper cassette; 100-sheet Multi-Purpose Tray; two optional 530-sheet cassettes.
- 1 GB RAM and 3GB eMMc of memory.
- Gigabit Ethernet network interface; optional 802.11a/b/g/n wireless connectivity;
- USB ports: 2.0 device X 1; USB 2.0 host X 2.
- 7” color touchscreen for the C542 and MC573; the C532 has a monochrome graphical display.
- Standard duplex printing.
- Cyan, magenta, and yellow toner cartridges rated to yield up to 1,500 pages/6,000 pages; black toner cartridges rated to yield up to 1,500/7,000 pages.
- Cyan, magenta, yellow, and black imaging drums rated for up to 30,000 pages.
- Supports AirPrint 1.6 and Google Cloud Print 2.0 mobile printing.
- C542 and MC573 feature open API.
- C542 and MC573 feature SENDYS Explorer LITE
Specifications for the C823, C833, and C843 include:
- Rated print speed of up to 23 ppm for the C823, and up to 35 ppm for the C833 and C843.
- First time to print: 14 seconds for the C823 and 9.5 seconds (C833/C843).
- 600 dpi resolution for the C823 and C833, and 1,200 dpi for the C843.
- Standard 300-sheet paper cassette; optional 535-sheet cassette for the C823; three optional 535-sheet cassettes for the C833 and C843.
- 256 MB of memory for the C823 and C833; 512 MB of memory for the C843; 768 MB maximum memory.
- Gigabit Ethernet network interface, and optional 802.11a/b/g/n wireless connectivity.
- USB ports: 2.0 device X 1; 2.0 host X 1.
- Monochrome graphical control panel.
- Cyan, magenta, yellow, and black (CMYK) toner cartridges rated to yield up to 7,000 pages for the C823, C833, and C843, and up to 10,000 pages for the C833 and C843.
- CMYK imaging drums rated to yield up to 30,000 pages.
- Google Cloud Print 2.0 mobile printing.