Xerox Enhances C60/C70 Light-Production Systems with Broader Paper-Handling, Improved Image Quality, Enhanced Workflow
Xerox reports that it’s upgraded its Color C60/C70 light-production printing systems with several new enhancements. The updates are designed to increase the range of applications in quick-print shops, in-plant operations, agencies, small businesses, and manufacturers, and include increased media flexibility and greater image-quality accuracy. Xerox introduced the C60/C70 in September 2014 – see our story here.
Updates and enhancements include:
- Better media and paper-weight management: New capabilities are said to make it easier to handle an even wider range of substrates to include lightweight media (60 gsm) often used for printing dictionaries, along with heavier, more challenging stocks (256 gsm two-sided/300 gsm one-sided) used for printing cards or invitations.
- Improved accuracy and image quality: Simple Image Quality Adjustment (SIQA) is now incorporated, and is said to help maintain image registration, and support difficult print jobs, such as printing two-sided business cards. The upgraded device also has Closed Loop Process Controls that are said to provide higher-quality printing with less operator involvement required.
- Enhanced workflow and automation: Unique to a device in this class are new digital front ends including FreeFlow Print Server with new production-color management tools. A first in the industry, the new EFI Fiery NX station featuresFiery QuickTouch technology that enables high-end production color management on an entry-level system.
The Xerox Color C60/C70 is available for global order taking at various times throughout October 2016 for a base price of $34,900. Customers already operating a Xerox Color C60/C70 can upgrade the software and components to include the new enhancements.
- June 2016: Xerox Reports Strong Production-Inkjet Printer Sales at drupa Tradeshow
- May 2016: Aiming to Disrupt Production-Inkjet Printing, Xerox to Preview Object Inkjet Printer for Printing on 3D Objects
- May 2016: KBA and Xerox Target Folding-Carton Printing Market with a 40-Inch Digital Sheet-Fed Press
- April 2016: New Xerox Cloud-Based IntegratedPLUS Automated Color Management for Inkjet Production-Printing Presses
- March 2016: Fuji Xerox Launches iGen 5 150 Press with Fifth Color Station
- March 2016: Xerox Launches its First Cut-Sheet Inkjet Press, the Brenva HD, Plus New Continuous-Feed Inkjet Printer Platform
- March 2015: New Xerox 80-PPM Versant 80 Press, & Color 800i/1000i with Gold, Silver, & Specialty Inks
- February 2015: New Xerox Rialto 900 Color-Inkjet Production Printer First to be Developed with Impika
- September 2014: New Xerox Color C60/C70 for Light Production Print on Broad Range of Media, Including Linen, Magnets, More