Konica Minolta Showing New AccurioPRESS C2070, EngageIT iLabel Printer, More at Graph Expo
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. reports that it’s exhibiting various new industrial/decorative print, commercial-printing, labeling/packaging, and prototyping/short-run manufacturing production-printing systems at the Graph Expo 2016 trade show being held in Orlando, Florida. The firm is showing its new AccurioPRESS C2070, which launches in the United States, and is the company’s new line of production- and industrial-printing products.
The toner-based Accurio digital PRESS C2070 is a full-color system product that prints on paper and envelopes. This is the next generation of the bizhub PRESS C1070 series in the Accurio line which supports media up to 350 gsm, has a 3,000-sheet high-capacity stacker, and comes with semi-automated front-to-back image registration and skew correction. The PRESS has been certified with Plockmatic finishing solutions, which are also compatible with the bizhub PRESS C1100 and 1250 series, ultimately streamlining workflow to expand print services.
Other systems Konica Minolta is showing include the:
bizhub PRESS C71cf, a continuous-feed, toner-based digital label printer that prints at up to 62’/min on rolls 13” wide and leveraging Konica Minolta’s HDe dry toner technology, provides 1,200 x 1,200 dpi resolution. Konica Minolta says the bizhub PRESS C71cf is “the perfect fit for businesses looking at a low-risk first entry into digital label production, or as an efficient short-run solution to an existing digital print operation.”
EngageIT iLabel is a software application designed for the bizhub PRESS C71cf. It enables operators to set-up and produce short runs with an easy- to-use interface. iLabel also allows precise control of margins and spacing between labels and positions eye marks to aid in off-line finishing operations.
SpartanicsSRL350 provides both semi-rotary die cutting and laser options to provide ultimate flexibility in label finishing. The SRL350 is module-based and is easily configured with options such as lamination, dual-rewind, and UV coating. Konica Minolta says the unit sets up easily and allows complex shaped jobs to get out the door quickly.
MGIJETvarnish 3DW is said to provide “exceptional print enhancement value to the label market by adding beneficial shelf impact with colorful, eye-catching tactile effects that improve brand identification and consumer appeal.” The JETvarnish 3DW supports roll media, is completely digital and allows printers to add spot UV coating and embossed hot foiling without dies, screens or expensive tooling on narrow webs up to 16.5”.
Other MGI products Konica Minolta is exhibiting include the:
- MGI JETvarnish 3DS small format sheet system – the varnish formula in combination with the Konica Minolta print heads has the ability to create a 3D effect on laminated surfaces or on toner directly. The variable data option adds full personalization capabilities for a maximum one-to-one marketing impact. The digitalization of the spot UV finishing can take a few sheets from each job and spot UV coat it, producing sellable proofs so clients can see, touch and feel the effect that their jobs could have.
- MGI JETvarnish 3D Evolution – The MGI JETvarnish 3D Evo delivers high-volume productivity with up to 4,065 B2 sheets size per hour. Its 8-up format (29”x47’’) delivers extra added-value and sensory dimensional textures to printed output. The 100-percent digital technology provides quick prototyping, short run customization flexibility and the ability to use variable data for personalizing text and graphics on every piece produced.
- MGI Meteor Unlimited consists of various digital print production systems launched at drupa 2016, the Unlimited Colors product series features MGI Meteor digital presses fully integrated with MGI’s award-winning iFOIL module to create inline printing and foiling solutions that go far beyond a simple fifth or sixth color. Print Service Providers (PSPs) and converters are now able to produce output with a virtually unlimited number of colors via the blending of CMYK toner and the reflective qualities of foil – including a rainbow spectrum of hues with metallic, glitter and holographic effects.
- The AccurioJetKM-1, B2 digital inkjet press represents Konica Minolta’s flagship entry into the high-quality, UV inkjet marketplace employing Konica Minolta’s inkjet head technology and ink design technology combined with the advanced image processing technology that Konica Minolta has developed. The product can print on sheets up to 23” x 29.5” in size, allowing effective impositions including six up imposition of letter size and book cover printing, and is also capable of duplex printing. At 3,000 4/0 sheets per hour, the AccurioJet KM-1 sets a new standard for variable, cut sheet productivity.
Other booth features in workflow automation include:
- Konica Minolta’s Customer Communications Management (CCM) Production Services Bus, a solution set that differentiates the company’s approach to the graphic-communications marketplace. It includes core workflow solutions that interact with the transport layer for job metadata, digital assets, external information bridging, cloud processing and performance tracking. The focus is on cloud-based solutions where practical. Managed components provide professional services offerings for marketing campaign management, marketing analytics and trade-priced 3D-printing fulfillment.
- AccurioPRO is a series of digital printing solutions and services offered by Konica Minolta to promote automation of printing tasks with a view to improve work efficiency, reducing production time and ensuring effective quality control.
Konica Minolta will also showcase two collaborative software products: AccurioPro Conductor, which enables management of multiple Konica Minolta presses at a higher efficiency and AccurioPro Flux, which provides enhanced make-ready, preflight, submission and job status across all Konica Minolta devices and most other manufacturer’s devices.
Connecting the Print Community
PROKOM is an online community that Konica Minolta introduced launched this month to clients in North America, offering members educational content, business networking and “thought leadership” exchanges. Companies are being invited to join this community of Konica Minolta production print and industrial print users to share ideas through joint discussions, develop and grow efficient digital communication services, as well as become a platform for members to express their own voice and cross-pollinate with others in the industry. PROKOM members can actively engage with Konica Minolta senior management about their priorities for future design, functionality, technology and services while building profitable, long-lasting relationships.
- Press Release: Production Print Solutions from Konica Minolta and Kodak Highlighted at Graph Expo 2016 Exhibit
- Press Release: Konica Minolta Announces the North American Launch of its Production Printing User Community PROKOM
- September 2016: New EFI Fiery MIC-4150 Controller for Konica Minolta bizhub 1052/1252 Production Printers
- May 2016: Konica Minolta to Re-Brand Commercial Printing Solutions with ‘Accurio’ Brand Name, Launch KM-1 Inkjet Press
- April 2016: Konica Minolta Expands Presence in Label-Printing Market with New bizhub PRESS C71cf
- February 2016: Konica Minolta Expands Production-Print Lineup with 100-PPM bizhub PRO 1100
- October 2015: Konica Minolta Preparing for Launch of KM-1 Inkjet Press for Commercial Printing
- September 2015: Konica Minolta Enters Industrial Printing Market with Launch of bizhub Press C71cf
- August 2015: Konica Minolta to Launch High-Speed Inkjet Textile Printer, the Nassenger SP-1, at End of 2015
- July 2015: Konica Minolta to Begin Mass Production of New Commercial, Industrial Inkjet Print Heads Next Spring
- July 2015: New Konica Minolta EngageIT Variable Data Solution for Variable-Data Printing
- June 2015: Three New Fiery Digital Front Ends for Konica Minolta Production Printers