Canon Announces New imagePRESS C65
Canon U.S.A. yesterday announced its new imagePRESS C65 Color Digital Press, which is designed for creative graphic-arts printing, including applications in advertising agencies, graphic-design studios, packaging design, marketing departments, and more. The firm says the new imagePRESS C65 builds upon the success of its predecessor, the imagePRESS C60 Color Digital Press, and that it enables users to produce “vibrant creative output with reliable color registration.” It features Canon’s Gloss Optimization technology, as well as enhanced document-finishing options.
According to Toyotsugu Kuwamura, executive vice president and general manager for Canon U.S.A.’s Business Imaging Solutions Group: “The imagePRESS C65 Color Digital Press was designed to meet and exceed the needs of the high-demand creative market, recognizing that print-quality is of utmost importance. The focus on color allows our creative customers to produce crisp, visually striking and consistent output, at high speeds to be readily available when needed in their creative process.”
Canon rates the new printer at up 65 ppm (letter-size). It features an Advanced Twin Belt Fusing that uses induction heating and cooling techniques “to achieve high productivity on wide range of media while controlling gloss and output quality.” The Compact Registration Module is designed to provide accurate, automatic front-to-back registration for professional presentation books with little user intervention needed.
The imagePRESS C65 also features Canon’s CV Toner and a 32-Beam Red-VCSEL Laser, enabling it to produce a wide color gamut “with a consistently smooth, precise and vivid image quality for vibrant retail designs and subtle mood boards as well as accurate reproduction of corporate colors and original artwork, allowing designers to effectively review layout proofs, packaging markups and more.”
The imagePRESS C65 can print on a variety of stock, including un-coated, coated, textured, and recycled paper. There’s also a new optional feature to print auto-duplex on up to 30″-long sheets for true-size proofs and comps of six-panel brochures, magazine inlays, dust jackets, and larger packaging designs. Options include in-line stapling and booklet-making with the new in-line Multi-Function Professional Puncher-A11 that provides in-line creasing and enables die punching for the full range of imagePRESS C65 supported paper weights of up to 110 lb. cover stock. The printer also enables die punching of letter, 11″ x 17″ and 12″ x 18″ paper formats.
Canon says the imagePRESS C65 Color Digital Press will to ship in October.
- Press Release: Canon U.S.A. Set to Showcase Enhanced Version of Proofing Solution Software
- Press Release: Canon Announces Version 5 of PRISMAsync Print Servers with New Color Editing and Control Capabilities, Mobile Remote Alerting and Embedded Workflow Connectivity
- Press Release: Canon’s New Version of PRISMAdirect Software Expands Order and Print Production Management Capabilities
- Press Release: Canon U.S.A. Launches the Océ Color Control Suite
- September 2016: Canon Aims to Cement Market Leadership in Color Production-Print Market with New imagePress C850
- August 2016: Canon Leads U.S. Mid-Volume Color Production-Printing Market for Six Consecutive Quarters
- January 2016: Canon and EFI Expand Relationship with Integration of Production-Printing Workflow Suites
- September 2015: Canon Launches Next-Generation in High-Speed Inkjet Printing, the Océ ColorStream 3000 Z Series
- September 2015: Canon Expo 2015: Canon Previews Secure MFP, Mobile Printing, imageRUNNER ADVANCE Z, 3D-Printer Prototype, More
- September 2015: Canon Rolls Out imagePRESS C10000VP Series with 1.5-Million Page Monthly Duty Cycle