New HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Color Inkjet All-in-One with Print, Copy, and Scan up to 11″x17″ Media
Last week, HP announced new A3 LaserJets and OfficeJet printers and MFPs, including the new OfficeJet Pro 77440, a wide-format color inkjet All-in-One for small and mid-size businesses and which prints and scans up to 11″x 17″ (A3) media.
The OfficeJet Pro 7740, which HP says has a lower cost per page than comparable laser-based All-in-Ones, can produce border-less, double-sided materials in the 11″ x 17″ format, and is said to feature a large paper-input capacity (500 sheets) and high-yield ink cartridges (up to 2,000 pages with HP 925XL black ink cartridge). It also features single-pass, two-sided scanning, copying, and faxing, as well as a 35-page automatic document feed (ADF) that accommodates both letter-size (A4) and legal-size (21.6 x 35.6 cm) documents. The flatbed scanner scans documents up to 11.69″ x 17 ” in size.
Users can also print from Apple iPhones and iPads using Apple AirPrint, as well as with mobile devices running Android, Microsoft Windows 8/10, and Google Chrome operating systems – all, HP says, generally without any extra set-up or the installation of an app, making it especially useful for guests and visitors who need to print.
The OfficeJet Pro 7740 also features HP JetAdvantage Private Print, a cloud-based solution that allows documents to be stored in a cloud-based print queue and only released for printing when the user authenticates themselves at the printer’s control panel, preventing others from having access to printed documents.
Other features include:
- Tap-and-swipe smartphone-style color touchscreen.
- Print speed rated at up to 21 (black)/17 (color) ppm. Draft color print speed is up to 34 ppm.
- Automatic two-sided printing on up to 11″ x 17″ media at up to 12 (black)/10 (color) ppm.
- Connectivity that includes Ethernet network interface, WiFi 802.11b/g/n wireless connectivity, as well as USB port.
- Mobile printing via HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint; Mopria-certified Android mobile printing; wireless direct printing, and Google Cloud Print.
- Color scan to PCs, USB memory drives, and to email recipients.
- 550-sheet paper capacity with included second 250-sheet paper tray.
- Maximum monthly volume of up to 30,000 pages.
Replacement ink cartridges include: HP 952 Black OfficeJet Ink Cartridge (yields approximately 1,000 pages); three separate HP 952 Cyan, Magenta, Yellow OfficeJet Ink Cartridges (each yield approximately 700 pages); HP 952XL Black OfficeJet Ink Cartridge (yields approximately 2,000 pages); and three separate HP 952XL Cyan, Magenta, Yellow OfficeJet Ink Cartridges (each yirld approximately 1,600 pages).
For more information and complete specifications on the Officejet Pro 7740, visit HP here.
- September 2016: A Closer Look at HP’s New LaserJet and PageWide MFPs Said to Feature Better Reliability, Monitoring, Security, and More
- September 2016: New HP Officejet 200, Officejet 250 Mobile Printer, All-in-One for Business Professionals on the Road
- September 2016: HP’s New ‘One Stop’ Print-App Store to Feature Apps for Cloud-Based Document Processing, Secure Print, More
- June 2016: HP Launches Device as a Service Program, Lifecycle Services, for Printers, PCs
- June 2016: HP Introduces New and Updated Solutions for Secure Mobile Print, New MPS Tools
- June 2016: HP’s New DeskJet 3700 Said to be World’s Smallest All-in-One
- March 2016: New HP 75-PPM PageWide Inkjets; New Officejets, LaserJets; A3 PageWide Copier/MFPs on the Way
- February 2016: HP Jumps on Ink-Tank Bandwagon with Refillable All-in-Ones