Konica Minolta Rolls Out New ‘Workplace of the Future’ Smart-Office Solutions
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. is introducing several new Workplace of the Future “smart-office” solutions through its IT Services division, All Covered. The firm says the new solutions will “blend physical and virtual work environments, and empower employees to engage and collaborate seamlessly. “
The new solutions include:
All CoveredWorkspaces, a virtual desktop solution (DaaS) that enables employees to “work from anywhere, anytime and on any device, knowing that critical data is secure and protected.” Mobile Device Management (MDM) also enables Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) access to mobile apps and secures the network from intrusion by unauthorized users and devices. Users can also print and send documents to Konica Minolta bizhubb MFPs directly from their mobile devices.
Enhanced Collaboration with cloud-based tools – For companies that work across different sites, on specific projects, or just need to retrieve their documents, Konica Minolta’s integration with Microsoft SharePoint allows workers to share information easier within and outside an organization. The bizhub technology platform allows users to send documents directly from the MFP panel to any SharePoint destination. An additional file storage and collaborative solution, fully-managed and hosted in All Covered’s Cloud resources, FileAssist is designed for sharing information in a secure environment.
Through 24/7 access to essential information and applications, All Covered’s Cloud solution leverages cloud technology’s scalability to create a more efficient solution for file sharing, applications, and mobility that comes standard with today’s modern workplace.
In August 2016, Konica Minolta also introduced a new set of the Workplace of the Future solutions at its 2016 Dealer Conference:
- ALICEReceptionist – ALICE automates visitor processing by greeting incoming visitors, alerting employees and, when needed, connecting them for live conversations. With ALICE Receptionist’s streaming video technology, employees can communicate face-to-face with visitors from their desk or remote location. ALICE automates visitor check-in and check-out, badge printing, as well as visitor induction processes so companies can track and manage visitors efficiently. ALICE is enterprise ready with integrations to VoIP phone systems, Microsoft Lync / Skype for Business and Active Directory.
- Double2TMTelepresence Robot – A tool for bringing remote workers into the office, Double provides video conferencing using an Apple iPad tablet positioned on a mobile base. Double 2 is said to help telecommuters and remote employees “feel connected” to their colleagues by giving them a physical presence when they can’t be there in person. Remote workers have the ability to log in without delay and transport themselves around a building, classroom, conference room, etc., and adjust the angle of their view or the height of the device.
- The Receptionist for iPAD – This automated visitor-management solution allows businesses both with and without a receptionist to manage their visitor flow, keep track of who’s in the office, and connect with guests via text, email, or Slack. Businesses can also set up delivery options, print visitor badges, and capture legal-document authorizations.
For more information on Konica Minolta’s Workplace of the Future, visit the firm here.
- August 2016: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Now Providing 24/7 IT Security-Monitoring Services
- July 2016: Konica Minolta Releases Latest Version of Dispatcher Phoenix with with New Web Interface, More
- June 2016: nQueue Cost-Recovery and Document-Routing Solutions Now Available for Konica Minolta bizhub MFPs
- March 2016: Konica Minolta’s EveryonePrint 4.0 Mobile-Print Solution Adds Multiple Advanced Capabilities
- February 2016: Konica Minolta’s New ‘All Covered Workspaces’ Lets Users Access PC Desktops, Apps, from any Device