New HP Latex 315, 335 and 365 Wide-Format Printers, Backlit Fabric
HP Inc. has added three new latex-ink wide-format color printers to its commercial-printing portfolio, the new HP Latex 315, 335 and 365, which are designed for small sign and copy shops, as well as high-capacity print service providers (PSPs). HP also introduced new Durable Backlit Fabric (see below).
Xavier Garcia, general manager of HP Inc.’s Large Format Printing division, commented: “With the introduction of the HP Latex 300 printer series, HP disrupted the low-volume market with a completely new platform featuring a range of price points, sizes and production levels, making it possible for more print service providers (PSPs) to enter sign and display printing. Today, HP is introducing new, key capabilities to this market-leading portfolio, inviting even more customers to take advantage of HP Latex technology and identify new avenues for growth.”
HP Latex 300 Series
HP says its new Latext 300 series builds on years of third-generation HP Latex technology, and features high image quality, productivity, and durability, as well as environmental benefits and industry certifications, now synonymous with water-based HP Latex Ink Technology.
The new HP Latex 300 series printers offer:
- Printing at up to 64˝ wide at print speeds of up to 334 sq. ft./hr. (31 m2/hr.) for outdoor applications and at 1200 dpi, enabled by the HP Latex Optimizer and HP Optical Media Advance Sensor (OMAS). OMAS capabilities are included across the new HP Latex 300 printers.
- Features to help customers keep running costs low, such as HP Custom Substrate Profiling for automatic ICC profiling, and an embedded spectrophotometer, both available for the HP Latex 365 printer.
- Optimized profiles with HP Quick Substrate Profiling, as well as the FlexiPrint HP Edition RIP, which is included in the box.
- Continuous-printing capabilities, helping customers reduce time between jobs, as well as achieve same-day delivery of print jobs.
- The new HP Quick Solutions application for the HP Latex 365 printer, which is accessible from the front-panel touchscreen for fast troubleshooting and to optimize image quality directly on the printer.
- Increased media versatility, with the ability to handle a variety of substrates from self-adhesive vinyls and backlits, to wall-coverings and textiles.
- New online training tools for operators to get the most out of their HP Latex equipment.
- Automatic x-axis cutter for efficient cutting to finish and deliver prints immediately, and which is included with all of the new HP Latex 300 series printers.
New Durable Backlit Fabric
HP also introduced HP Durable Backlit Fabric, a 100-percent polyester fabric compatible with HP Latex Ink Technology, and which enables “outstanding color vibrancy and dark, solid blacks comparable to UV ink technology.” HP says that Durable Backlit Fabric is sturdy and easy to use with no risk of image damage during post-processing or light-box installation.
The new HP Latex 315, 335 and 365 printers are now available worldwide, while HP Durable Backlit Fabric is expected to be available in a variety of sizes up to 126˝ in the spring of 2017.
- June 2016: HP Inc. Reports ‘Best drupa Ever’
- June 2016: This Week in Imaging: Xerox, HP, Kodak Go Inkjet at drupa; ‘Scan Troll’ in Trouble Again
- June 2016: Shutterfly Leasing 25 HP Indigo 12000 Digital Presses
- May 2016: HP Introduces PageWide C500 Press Industrial Printer at drupa
- May 2016: HP Adds New Latex Series Large-Format Printers for Sign and Display Printing
- March 2016: HP Inc. Adds Host of New PageWide, Indigo Presses to Expand its Commercial-Printer Family
- May 2015: New HP Latex 3500 and 3100 Latex-Ink Production Printers and HP Scitex 17000 Corrugated Press