HP’s New ‘One Stop’ Print-App Store to Feature Apps for Cloud-Based Document Processing, Secure Print, More
HP Inc. today announced a new Web site for HP and third-party printing and imaging applications. The new HP JetAdvantage On Demand site is designed to enable HP resellers and customers to purchase, deploy, and manage applications via the Internet and the cloud.
HP says JetAdvantage On Demand is the first portal in the industry to provide a marketplace for first and third-party software as a service (SaaS) apps with integrated services for managing apps, users, and devices. The firm says it provides an app-store procurement experience along with easy, consistent deployment, and management that doesn’t require the expense of server infrastructure. JetAdvantage On Demand is designed to support customers with multi-vendor print environments as most apps in the marketplace will work with HP and non-HP printers alike.
The new portal will initially provide applications from HP and third-party partner Fenestrae that enable access-control, printer/MFP fleet management, and digital capture for document workflows.
Apps Certified for Security Best Practices
HP says that every app offered through the marketplace is HP Security-Certified, so that they comply with data-privacy best practices such as:
- Security threat analysis and mitigation.
- Data-privacy standards compliance.
- Static-code analysis.
- Appropriate solution controls
HP also says that data is protected through business-grade encryption in transit and while stored in the cloud. There are also various user-authentication options to help guard against unauthorized access to information.
New Marketplace Apps from HP and Fenestrae
HP JetAdvantage Secure Print is a SaaS-based pull-printing app supporting cloud and on premises print job queues with no print server required. This app works with virtually any printer with a network connection.
Fenestrae’s Udocx is a cloud-based service from Fenestrae that provides:
- Document capture vis scanning.
- Document-processing in the cloud (such as converting scanned documents with optical character recognition [OCR} software into editable text.
- Automatic routing and storing of processed documents into locations such as Google Drive.
Other SaaS apps from HP and third parties will be added to the marketplace over time. HP is working with partners Hyland, OpenTextTM, PaperCut, Troy, and others to release apps to the marketplace in the spring of 2017.
The JetAdvantage On Demand portal along with the HP JetAdvantage Secure Print and Udocx apps will be available in the United States in November 2016 with broader availability to come later.
For more information on HP’s JetAdvantage solutions, visit HP here.
- June 2016: HP Launches Device as a Service Program, Lifecycle Services, for Printers, PCs
- June 2016: HP Introduces New and Updated Solutions for Secure Mobile Print, New MPS Tools
- December 2015: HP Inc. Announces Highest-Volume A3 MFPs to Date, New JetAdvantage Solutions, Document Scanners
- September 2015: HP Secures the Enterprise with Three New Printers/MFPs Featuring White-listing, ‘Self-Healing’ from Malicious Attacks
- September 2015: New HP LaserJet 400 Series Printers and MFPs with JetIntellligence for 33-Percent More Prints