New EFI Fiery MIC-4150 Controller for Konica Minolta bizhub 1052/1252 Production Printers
Electronics For Imaging (EFI) and Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. are launching a new EFI Fiery digital front end (DFE) that’s said to provide superior image quality and advanced job management for the Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS 1052/1250 black-and-white digital presses.
The new EFI Fiery MIC-4150 DFE is built on the latest Fiery FS200 Pro platform, which is said to provide “robust functionality” to achieve high-definition in monochrome imaging, and streamline the print process with automation and other tools. Features include:
- Fiery Command WorkStation, a centralized user interface that allows users to manage the monochromatic Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS 1052/1250 printers driven by this Fiery DFE along with Fiery DFEs used with color digital presses in an integrated workflow.
- Fiery Grayscale Calibration, which ensures consistent and accurate image reproduction by automatically enhancing shadow details and preserving upper and lower tonal variances.
The optional Fiery ImageViewer for Black and White is a full-resolution raster preview tool that gives users the ability to make black-curve adjustments to maintain output consistency between multiple devices. The optional Fiery Impose and Fiery JobMaster provides visual make-ready tools that streamline complex tasks, giving users more flexibility in imposition, tab insertion, design, page-level ticketing, finishing, scanning and late-stage editing.
The Fiery, MIC-4150 DFE also enables integration into existing production workflows for digital color and offset printing through JDF implementation, which connects with automated estimating, scheduling, job ticketing, accounting, and other processes managed by EFI’s suite of leading MIS and Web-to-Print products, including EFI’s Quick Print and Midmarket Print Suites and Digital StoreFront software.
“This expanded partnership will bring Fiery tools and workflow uniformity to our monochrome bizhub PRESS,” said Kevin Kern, senior vice president of Konica Minolta Business Intelligence Services and Product Development. “EFI’s market-leading development platform is one of the best and we believe the integration of our solution with theirs creates a compelling offer for a broad range of companies.”
“This is the first monochrome Fiery DFE to bring the industry-leading Fiery technology to the Konica Minolta black-and-white print engines,” said John Henze, vice president of EFI’s Fiery marketing. “We are very excited to launch this new offering and give Konica Minolta customers in the in-plant CRD, print-for-pay, and commercial print spaces the ability to integrate their black-and-white and color operations for a consolidated, more efficient Fiery Driven job-management environment.”
The Fiery MIC-4150 DFE is available now from Konica Minolta and authorized Konica Minolta resellers.
- May 2016: Konica Minolta to Re-Brand Commercial Printing Solutions with ‘Accurio’ Brand Name, Launch KM-1 Inkjet Press
- April 2016: Konica Minolta Expands Presence in Label-Printing Market with New bizhub PRESS C71cf
- February 2016: Konica Minolta Expands Production-Print Lineup with 100-PPM bizhub PRO 1100
- October 2015: Konica Minolta Preparing for Launch of KM-1 Inkjet Press for Commercial Printing
- September 2015: Konica Minolta Enters Industrial Printing Market with Launch of bizhub Press C71cf
- August 2015: Konica Minolta to Launch High-Speed Inkjet Textile Printer, the Nassenger SP-1, at End of 2015
- July 2015: Konica Minolta to Begin Mass Production of New Commercial, Industrial Inkjet Print Heads Next Spring
- July 2015: New Konica Minolta EngageIT Variable Data Solution for Variable-Data Printing
- June 2015: Three New Fiery Digital Front Ends for Konica Minolta Production Printers