Canon Files Patent-Infringement Complaint Against J&H Greentech & Trading in Italy
On August 31st, Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, reported that it had filed a request for a preliminary injunction and seizure of toner cartridges said to infringe upon Canon patents. The company filed the complaint against J&H Greentech & Trading Ltd., which also goes under the name of “Prestige Cartridge,” at the Court of Rome in Italy.
Both legal actions are based on Canon’s claimed infringement of the Italian portion of Canon’s European patent 2 087 407 by, inter alia, the offer and sale of certain toner cartridges for use in various models of Canon and Hewlett-Packard laser printers. Canon is, inter alia, seeking injunctive relief and damages.
Interestingly enough, we recently tested Prestige Cartridge replacement toner cartridges for the HP Color LaserJet Pro M252 printer. Click here to view the test results.
- May 2016: Canon Granted Injunction that Bars Sales of Copycat Toner Cartridges in Brazil
- February 2016: U.K. Ink-Cartridge Remanufacturers Enter into Consent Agreement with Canon
- December 2015: Katun Says its Canon-Alternative Supplies are IP-Compliant
- December 2015: Canon Wins Toner-, Imaging-Drum Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against ASTA
- October 2015: Canon Wins Lawsuit Against OOO Softtrade, which Must Destroy Toner Cartridges
- October 2015: Canon Wins Injunction Barring TonerPirate.com from Selling Alleged Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges in the U.S.
- April 2015: Printronic Agrees to Not Sell Alleged Canon Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges, Drums, in U.S.
- March 2015: Canon Withdraws Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Action Against Seine
- February 2015: X Com Shop Agrees to Stop Selling Toner Cartridges that Allegedly Infringe Upon Canon Patents