EFI Relocating Commerical Inkjet-Printer Business to Consolidated Location in New Hampshire
Electronics For Imaging (EFI) reports that it’s moving its U.S. production-inkjet-printer business to a new facility in Londonderry, New Hampshire. It says the new facility, which is nearly 250,000 square feet in size, with room for additional expansion, is scheduled to be completed in early 2018. The firm says its new inkjet center will allow it to consolidate its operations into a single facility and will include its research and development, manufacturing, warehousing, training, and service for EFI VUTEk and EFI wide-format printers, along with worldwide sales and marketing management for EFI’s narrow, wide- and super-wide-format industrial inkjet printers and presses. A new customer briefing and demonstration center in the facility will house EFI inkjet production printers for printing signage and graphics, textile and label applications, along with related EFI Productivity Software and EFI Fiery digital-front end workflow products.
“EFI’s annual inkjet revenues are closing in on $500 million, and it is happening because our customers are capitalizing on new market opportunities using our expanding portfolio of industrial inkjet printers,” commented Scott Schinlever, senior vice president and general manager of EFI inkjet business. “With the growth we are witnessing in LED inkjet and other key production applications, we have outgrown our existing facilities.
“While we are extremely grateful to have been part of the very welcoming business community in Meredith,” Schinlever added, “relocating to the Manchester area comes with some key advantages to help us continue growing, including proximity to the tremendous pool of talent in the greater Boston metropolitan region.”
The design of the facility is being modeled on the open concept the company has implemented at its global headquarters located in Silicon Valley, California. The facility will be more than 25-percent larger and “much more efficient in layout” than the multiple buildings used to house EFI’s current inkjet operations in Meredith. EFI is entering into a long-term ground lease with the City of Manchester, New Hampshire, for the Londonderry site, as well as a lease for the building from BTMU Capital Leasing & Finance LLC.
Londonderry, a suburb of Manchester, New Hamshire, provides easy access to Boston Logan Airport in addition to the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport. The town is also close to many universities that help make the Greater Boston area a center for technology research and expertise.
With $447.7 million in revenues in 2015, and growing an average of over 15 percent annually for the last five years, the EFI’s inkjet business now accounts for more than half of EFI’s total sales. EFI’s complete inkjet printer portfolio includes LED and UV inkjet narrow-, wide- and super-wide-format printing technologies, along with aqueous textile and ceramic decoration printing products.
- July 2016: EFI Second-Quarter Revenue up 21 Percent to $264 Million, But Net Income Slides
- July 2016: EFI Launches New Fiery Controller for OKI C900 Series Production Printers
- June 2016: EFI Acquires Optitex in Bid to Extend Marketshare in Textile-Printing Industry
- June 2016: EFI Launches ‘Revolutionary’ Single-Pass Inkjet Press for Corrugated Printing at drupa
- May 2016: New EFI Fiery Network Server for Xerox ConnectKey-Enabled i-Series MFPs
- April 2016: EFI: Record First-Quarter Revenue of $234 Million, up 20 Percent
- March 2016: New EFI Fiery imagePASS-Y1 for Canon image RUNNER ADVANCE 6500/8500 MFPs
- March 2016: EFI Showing New High-Volume Inkjet Press, Other New Production Offerings at Fespa
- March 2016: EFI Acquires U.K.’s Rialco, Supplier of Dye and Color Products for Printing