Konica Minolta Extends A3 Lineup with Three New A3 Color MFPs
On August 11th, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. announced that it was expanding its A3 line-up with the mid-volume bizhub C658 color MFP series. The new MFP color series, which are available through authorized Konica Minolta dealers, print and scan on up to 11″x17″ media, consist of the bizhub C658, bizhub C558, and bizhub C458, and are rated at up to 65 ppm, depending on model.
According to Kevin Kern, senior vice president of Business Intelligence Services and Product Planning for Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., the C658 series features a 10.1″ control panel with tablet-like operation, as well as near field communication (NFC) connectivity for printing and connecting to NFC-enabled Android smartphones and tablets. Apple IOS support is available with the use of Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) among many support for other mobile-connectivity technologies. The MFPs may also be equipped with various document-workflow solutions.
The MFPs features Konica Minolta’s bEST (bizhub Extended Solution Technology), an open interface technology that serves as a shared platform for incorporating integration of third-party software for automating document processes for segments such as healthcare, education, and legal.
A standard Web browser with 4 GB of memory is accessible via the touch screen. Users can download various apps via the bizhub Marketplace, including apps for scanning to Microsoft Share Point and to cloud-based document-storage and sharing Web sites, such as Google Drive, Evernote, and Box. Also available is the bizhub Marketplace Chameleon app, which enables users to customize the control panel.
Other features of note are:
- Built-in Koncia Minolta Emperon print system.
- 6,650-sheet maximum paper capacity for printing on a wide range of sizes and weights, including tab-printing support.
- Optional Electronics for Imaging (EFI) Fiery image controller for graphic-intensive printing applications and state-of-the-art-color image control.
- Optional hard disk mirroring.
- Card reader options for using standard ID cards for user authentication.
- Dual Scanning Option for scanning at up to 240 originals per minute (opm).
- Optional 100-sheet staple finisher with optional 80-page booklet-making and accessories for 2/3-hole punching and folding in multiple patterns.
- Optional 50-sheet staple finisher for multi-position stapling and sorting, with option for 80-page booklet-making and 2/3-hole punching.
- Optional 50-sheet staple finisher with saddle-stitcher for booklet-making and optional 2/3 hole punching.
The C658 series also features an increase in the use of recycled materials to 35 percent. Users may also control power consumption with one-touch activation, and the MFPs are EPEAT Gold-certified.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Konica Minolta here.
- July 2016: Konica Minolta Releases Latest Version of Dispatcher Phoenix with New Web Interface, More
- June 2016: nQueue Cost-Recovery and Document-Routing Solutions Now Available for Konica Minolta bizhub MFPs
- March 2016: Konica Minolta’s EveryonePrint 4.0 Mobile-Print Solution Adds Multiple Advanced Capabilities
- February 2016: Konica Minolta Extends bizhub Family with Three New Color A3 Copier/MFPs for Small and Mid-Size Business
- February 2016: New FamilySearch App for Konica Minolta bizhub Copier/MFPs
- September 2015: Konica Minolta Adds Lantronix xPrintServer Office for Apple, Android, and Chrome Mobile Printing
- September 2015: Konica Minolta’s New DP Mobile App Enables Users to Access Dispatcher Phoenix from Mobile Devices
- September 2015: Konica Minolta Offering Square 9’s Smart Search for Document Management
- August 2015: Konica Minolta’s ‘Chameleon’ Lets Users Customize bizhub Touch Screens
- August 2015: Four New A3 MFPs from Konica Minolta with NFC Mobile Connectivity, Open API