New A3 Flatbed Document Scanner from Panasonic
Panasonic System Communications Company of North America reports that it’s introducing the KV-S7097 A3 Flatbed Production document scanner ($8,995 SRP), which it says combines 95 ppm/190 ipm scan speed with the flexibility of twin document scanners – a 200-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF) for scanning one-sheet originals – and an A3 (11″x17″) flatbed scanner for scanning books, magazines, and thick documents such as passports and appointment calendars.
Other features include automatic separation of scanned images from two-page book, magazine, and other bound-volume spreads into single-page electronic sheets; accurate scanning of EKG monitoring sheets and similar long documents; multi-cropping for single-pass scanning of different-size small items; and mixed document feeding with user-selectable page alignment. The built-in A3 ledger flat bed automatically switches between the sheet-fed ADF and flatbed scanner during scanning. One-touch scanning provides up to 9 different frequently used scanning jobs which can be registered for further time savings.
- Simplex and single-pass duplex scanning
- One-touch duplex scanning of up to 200 originals
- Scans business card to A3-size originals
- Supports 21-127g/m2 document weights
- Pre-program up to nine jobs
- One-touch scanning
- Double-feed detection
- Hardware image processing
- Automatic re-scanning and scan previews
- Long paper scanning (unlimited length)
- Site Central Manager Suite software
“There’s no substitute for speed in the high-impact industries which form our core user-base,” commented Panasonic Product Manager Joseph Odore. “Government, healthcare, finance, manufacturing, transportation, insurance agencies, and service bureaus all operate in demanding, workflow-intensive environments that place a premium on hardware efficiency. Panasonic’s KV-S7097 scanner can help fast-track data input, digitalization, and storage while increasing operator productivity, an important consideration at a time when office workforces have been downsized.”
For more information and complete specifications, visit Panasonic here.
- February 2016: New Panasonic Document Scanners Scan up to 100 PPM, Bundled with ToughPad Tablets
- October 2015: New A4 Desktop Document Scanner KV-S2087 from Panasonic Scans at up to 170 IPM
- May 2015: Select Panasonic Document Scanners Now Bundled with Neat Cloud Service
- January 2015: New Panasonic Document Scanners Feature Nuance PaperPort 14 Professional Software
- April 2014: New Massive Japan Alliance – Including Panasonic – Aims to Produce Next-Generation 3D Industrial Printers