New Fujitsu fi-7030 Document Scanner with Enhanced Image-Processing Software
Fujitsu is introducing its latest fi Series desktop document scanner, the Fujitsu fi-7030 ($895 U.S. list). The fi-7030 can handle various documents, from business cards to legal-size documents, and is bundled with enhanced image-processing PaperStream IP TWAIN and ISIS, and PaperStream Capture software. It’s rated at up to 27 ppm/54 ipm (A4, portrait orientation, color, 200/300 dpi), and is said to start-up three-times faster from sleep mode.
Other features include:
- Automatic document feeder (ADF) that can accommodate 50 sheets.
- Single-pass scanning of two-sided (duplex printed) originals.
- Mixed-batch scanning for different types of documents.
- Long-paper scanning of over 5 meters, as well as A3 size scanning with an optional carrier sheet.
- Skew Reducer that prevents documents from being scanned if the previous document is skewed, thus preventing incomplete images and missing parts, even in the case of a batch scan with various types of documents.
- Intelligent Multi-Feed Function (iMFF) that uses ultrasonic sensors to ignore labels and sticky notes, thus preventing multi-feeds.
- Error Recovery Guide that alerts users to cleaning needs, consumables-replacement, and document-preparation needs.
- Energy-efficient with LED bulbs that are said to last longer, produce less heat, and contain no hazardous materials.
- With PaperStream IP TWAIN and ISIS image-enhancement software, documents are automatically converted into clean images, accelerating OCR (optical character recognition) even when scanning wrinkled or stained documents, or documents with a background pattern. PaperStream Capture is said to enable users to complete scanning “faster and easier than ever before.”
- Scanner Central Admin is said to reduce total cost of ownership and work that goes into setting up, operating, and maintaining multiple Fujitsu scanners within an organization.
- An upgrade to PaperStream Capture Pro provides enhanced indexing, document separation, and after-scan correction.
The Fujitsu fi-7030 is available through authorized resellers, value-added resellers, and distributors. For more information and complete specifications, visit Fujitsu here.
- June 2016: New Fujitsu Departmental Document Scanners Start at $3,995
- June 2016: New ScanSnap Cloud for Fujitsu Scanners for One-Touch Routing to Cloud Sites
- October 2015: Canon and Fujitsu Join Forces to Develop Solutions Using Network Cameras
- March 2015: New Fujitsu fi-6400 Production-Level Document Scanner Scans at up to 100 PPM
- December 2014: ABBYY Europe Partnering with Fujitsu to Expand Document-Capture Solutions
- October 2014: Ricoh Expands Fujitsu Offerings to Include Network Storage, Servers, Tablets and Notebooks
- February 2014: Fujitsu Launches Rent-a-Scanner Service