EFI Second-Quarter Revenue up 21 Percent to $264 Million, But Net Income Slides
Electronics For Imaging (EFI)) reported financial results for its second quarter that ended on June 30th, with “record” second-quarter revenue of $245.7 million, up 21 percent compared to second-quarter 2015 revenue of $202.7 million. Net income was $5.2 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, compared to $7.7 million, or $0.16 per diluted share for the same period in 2015. Non-GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) net income was $26.7 million, or $0.56 per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $22.9 million, or $0.48 per share for the same period in 2015.
For the six months that ended on June 30, 2016, EFI reported revenue of $479.8 million, up 21 percent year-over-year compared to $397.3 million for second-quarter 2015. Net income was $7.3 million, or $0.15 per share, compared to $13.0 million or $0.27 per share for the same period in 2015. Non-GAAP net income was $52.9 million, or $1.11 per share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $44.4 million, or $0.92 per share, for the same period in 2015.
“The EFI team delivered a solid quarter despite the disruption caused by global events during the last week of the quarter,” commented Guy Gecht, CEO of EFI. “At the same time, EFI’s market position at the drupa trade show validated both our strategy and product roadmap, and we’re particularly encouraged by the exceptional reception to our new Nozomi platform. The drupa momentum is feeding into the strength we are seeing in the Industrial Inkjet and Productivity Software segments which keep us on track to deliver our stated goal of $1 billion in revenues for the year.”
- June 2016: EFI Acquires Optitex in Bid to Extend Marketshare in Textile-Printing Industry
- April 2016: EFI: Record First-Quarter Revenue of $234 Million, up 20 Percent
- January 2016: ‘Record Revevue’ for EFI’s Fourth-Quarter, but Net Income Down
- October 2015: Revenue, Net Income Continue Upward Trend for EFI’s Third Quarter
- July 2015: EFI Makes Two Key Acquisitions; Launches New Fiery Server
- July 2015: EFI Reports Record Revenue of $203 Million, Net-Income Gains
- April 2015: EFI Reports Record First Quarter Revenue of $195 Million
- January 2015: EFI REPORTS RECORD REVENUE FOR FOURTH QUARTER AND FULL-YEAR 2014
- October 2014: EFI REPORTS RECORD REVENUE OF $198 MILLION FOR THIRD-QUARTER 2014
- April 2014: EFI REPORTS FIRST-QUARTER REVENUE IS UP 10 PERCENT
- January 2014: EFI REPORTS RECORD FOURTH-QUARTER AND FULL-YEAR 2013 FINANCIAL RESULTS