Canon Introduces Second-Generation MAXIFY Business-Inkjet Family
Today, Canon U.S.A. rolled out the five new members of its second-generation of its MAXIFY business-inkjet family, all of which feature Wi-Fi wireless connectivity, and are designed for home office, micro-businesses, and small business owners, particularly for customers in the legal, accounting, construction, real estate, healthcare, retail and food-service vertical segments.
Canon says the new MAXIFY All-in-Ones provide improved functionality, such as faster print speeds, and management information base (MIB) support, while select models provide larger LCD screens. All five new models feature the previous-generation’s cloud-printing (requires an Internet connection and the MAXIFY Printing Solutions app, which is available for free at the App Store and at Google Play). They also feature “100-percent U.S.-based service and support.”
The five MAXIFY models consist of the:
MAXIFY MB5420 Wireless Inkjet Small Office All-In-One
MAXIFY MB5120 Wireless Inkjet Small Office All-In-One
MAXIFY MB2720 Wireless Inkjet Home Office All-In-One
MAXIFY MB2120 Wireless Inkjet Home Office All-In-One
MAXIFY iB4120 Wireless Inkjet Small Office printer
Canon first launched its MAXIFY brand of business-inkjet All-in-Ones and printers in September 2014. We found that they were solid performers when we tested and compared them to the HP Officejet line. This is the second generation of MAXIFY.
Aside from the new models’ addition of MIB support for enabling more efficient IT management, other new features include IP-address filtering, as well as support for printing on labels, envelopes, and company letterhead.
The new models also use Canon’s Dual Resistant High Density (DRHD) individual ink-tank system, which Canon says is part of an imaging systems that’s designed for printing graphs and charts with “sharp and vivid colors with crisp text,” with printed output being friction- and marker-resistant. To help conserve energy, the new models can also be scheduled to automatically turn off-and-on. They may also be equipped with XL high-yield ink tanks (see below).
Maxify Cloud Link
With the MAXIFY Printing Solutions application, users can directly access the cloud through the MAXIFY Cloud Link app from compatible mobile devices and tablets to print documents. MAXIFY Cloud Link enables documents to be accessed and printed at any time from a compatible mobile device or tablet by connecting to popular online document- and image-sharing storage and sharing sites, as well as social-media sites, such as Microsoft One Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Concur, and Photobucket.
The new MAXIFY models also support Google Cloud Print, which allows users to send Gmail messages, file attachments, and select Google Docs to the printer from any compatible devices.
The MAXIFY MB2720 printer has a 3.0-inch TFT LCD screen panel, while the MB2120 printer has a 2.5-inch TFT LCD screen panel, and both All-in-Ones provide a page yield of 1,200 black-and-white pages and 900 pages for color, as well as a 20,000-page monthly duty cycle. Recommended monthly print volume is 250 to 1,250 pages per month for the MB2720 printer and 200 to 1,000 pages per month for the MAXIFY MB2120.
TheMB2720 has a 500-sheet paper capacity (two 250-sheet paper drawers), and an estimated selling price of $199.99, while the MB2120 printer has a single 250-sheet paper tray, and an estimated selling price of $179.99.
The MB2720’s features of note include:
- Black/color First Page Out Time: 6/7 seconds
- Black/color print speed: 24.0/15.5 ppm
- Ink cartridges:
- PGI-1200 Black – 12.4 ml (Std) / 34.7 ml (XL)
- PGI-1200 Cyan – 4.5 ml (Std) / 12.0 ml (XL)
- PGI-1200 Magenta – 4.5 ml (Std) / 12.0 ml (XL)
- PGI-1200 Yellow – 4.5 ml (Std) / 12.0 ml (XL)
- Up to 1,200 black-and-white/900 color pages when using XL ink cartridges.
- Features AirPrint mobile printing, automatic two-side printing, Canon PRINT app, Google Cloud Print, Microsoft Mobile Print, Mopria Device Printing
- Copy features: 2-on-1 Copy, 4-on-1 Copy, ID Card Copy, Auto Exposure/Intensity) Copy, Collated Copy (ADF only), Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy (Flatbed), Preset Copy Ratios, Preview, Standard Copy, 2-Sided Copy, Zoom
- Scan features: Scan in color, Single Pass 2-Sided Scanning, Push Scan, Scan to Memory (USB Flash Memory), Network Scan, Scan to Cloud, Scan to Concur, Scan to Email, Scan to Network Folder; Flatbed scanning; 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)
- Fax: 33.6 Kbps Super G3 Color Fax
- Mobile Operating Systems: Apple iOS, Android, Microsoft Windows RT21 and Windows 10 Mobile
- Interfaces: Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n), Ethernet, USB Flash Memory, Hi-Speed USB
The MB2120 is essentially the same as the MB2710, but has a single 250-sheet paper drawer and is priced lower ($179.99 versus $199.99) .