Taylor Completes Acquisition of Staples Print Solutions; Staples to Shutter More Stores in North America
On July 5th, Taylor Communications reported that it’s completed its acquisition of Staples Print Solutions, a division of Staples, Inc. Taylor Communications, a subsidiary of Taylor Corporation, announced it intended to acquire Staples Print Solutions in April 2016.
“The successful close further strengthens our foundation for future growth,” commented Deb Taylor, chief executive officer of Taylor Corporation. “We are pleased to add this business to our organization that has one of the broadest range of communications services, products ,and technologies, and an experienced team dedicated to providing the highest quality products and customer service in the industry.”
The business will “go to market” as Taylor Communications which includes the former Standard Register Company.
Taylor Corporation has more than 80 companies around the world, in the United States., Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, France, India, China, Bulgaria and the Philippines, and is said to be one of the largest privately held companies in the United States. It’s headquartered in North Mankato, Minnesota, Taylor Corp. owns world-class companies in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, France, India, China, Bulgaria and the Philippines.
Closing Additional Stores in North America
The Street also reports that Steven Matyas, president of North American Retail for Staples, said in an interview that Staples will close 46 to 50 stores in North America this year, as it seeks to slash costs. Staples has closed more than 300 stores and reduced its leases by more than $1 billion in North America since 2011. The company ended the first quarter with 1,288 stores in the United States.
- July 2016: Staples Reportedly Considering Leaving U.K. after Failed Office Depot Merger
- June 2016: Staples Launches ‘Staples Rush’ Same-Day Delivery Service
- May 2016: Staples, Office Depot Call Off Merger in Wake of U.S. District Court Ruling
- December 2015: FTC Sues to Block Staples’ Acquisition of Office Depot
- December 2014: Staples Now Offering HP’s Instant Ink Ink-Cartridge Subscription Program
- March 2014: Staples to Shutter 255 Office-Supply Stores Across North America