EFI Launches New Fiery Controller for OKI C900 Series Production Printers
Electronics For Imaging (EFI) reports that it’s partnered with OKI Data Americas to bring to market an EFI Fiery digital front end (DFE) to drive OKI’s C900 Series digital production color printers for the graphic-arts and specialty-printing markets.
The new Fiery C9 Server drives six models in the OKI C900 Series Multimedia Production Platform family. It provides a Fiery-powered workflow for advanced print-job and color-management capabilities. The Fiery C9 DFE also includes support for OKI’s clear and white toners that can be used by the OKI C941, and for the white toner used by the C942, enabling these printers’ to:
- Apply clear toner to selected design elements, or coat the entire page for a high-gloss finish.
- Produce print jobs that incorporate white toner as a spot color, or intelligently apply white under CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) to create high-contrast color graphics on dark media.
- Leverage variable-data printing (VDP) support, combined with Fiery specialty-color features, to apply white or clear toner to envelopes to create mailings.
- Produce prints using a range of specialized media types such as colored media, transparent film, magnetic media, synthetic substrates, extra-heavy card stock, and more.
The C900 series can print on media varying in size from 3” x 5” cards up to 13” x 52” banner sheets.
Fiery-controller technology provides:
- Consistent print-job management across all Fiery Driven printers using the latest version of EFI Fiery Command WorkStation, a job-management interface that lets users manage their printers locally or remotely from a single user interface.
- Color-management tools with Fiery Spot-On for reproducing and adjusting spot colors, and Image Enhance Visual Editor for time-saving image corrections within print jobs, such as adjustments for red-eye, sharpness, contrast, and saturation, without the need to go back to edit the original document.
- Color- and file-processing functionality with the optional Fiery Graphic Arts Package, Premium Edition software that provides pre-press features to “print the job right the first time.” Also available for consistent color precision is the optional Fiery Color Profiler Suite and ES-2000 spectrophotometer.
- Workflow-automation tools such as Fiery Hot Folders, Virtual Printers, and server presets that come standard with the Fiery C9 Server and increase operational efficiency by automating a variety of processes and creating custom workflows.
- Short-run, personalized printing, a high-demand service that the new Fiery C9 Server facilitates through its support for leading VDP industry standards, with additional, included capabilities such as Fiery FreeForm, an entry-level VDP product that doesn’t require specialized software applications.
The new Fiery DFE for the OKI C931e, C931DP, C941e, C941DP, C942, and C942DP digital color printers are available immediately from OKI Data Americas. For more information about Fiery Driven digital print production, visit www.efi.com, and for more information about OKI printing technology and the C900 Series digital production printers, visit www.okidata.com.
- May 2016: OKI Data, Neopost, Team Up to Provide Easy Label-Printer Solution for Craft-Beer Kegs
- April 2016: OKI Europe Introduces Graphic-Arts Printers that Print in Neon Colors
- April 2016: OKI Extends Warranty for ColorPainter Wide-Format Printers to Three Years
- March 2016: ‘Wrapping’ Cars with Colorful Output Produced by OKI’s ColorPainter Wide-Format Color Printers
- October 2015: OKI to Demo New Wide-Format Printer and Specialty-Printing Offerings at SGIA Expo
- October 2015: OKI Sets Up New Wide-Format Printer Company with Acquisition of Seiko I Infotech’s Printer Business
- September 2015: New OKI C942 Billed as Fastest Color Production Printer in Its Class
- February 2015: New OKI C931e, C941e for Both Traditional and Unique Graphic-Arts and Production Printing