Epson Says it’s Sold 15 Million High-Capacity Ink-Tank Printers Since 2010
Seiko Epson of Tokyo, Japan, reports that its high-capacity ink-tank inkjet printers have achieved cumulative global sales of 15 million units.
Epson first launched its high-capacity ink-tank inkjet printers in October 2010 in Indonesia. Since then, it says its high-capacity ink tank printers have continued to be introduced into 150 new countries and regions.
The firm says sales in emerging markets have accounted for approximately 10 percent of total sales of printers (laser and inkjet printers), which equates to approximately 45 million units for Epson’s fiscal-year 2015. Epson predicts strong continued sales growth with global annual sales projected to account for nearly 40 percent of the total sales of Epson inkjet printers, compared to 30 percent and 35 percent in the preceding years (for the fiscal years of 2016, 2014, and 2015, respectively).
Epson believes the success of its high-capacity ink-tank inkjet printers is due to a number of factors. The high-capacity ink tanks are purpose-built and fully integrated, which means that they provide a “mess-free and reliable solution.” It says there’s also the convenience aspect, as the user can fill the high-capacity ink tanks and print thousands of pages without interruption (instead of repeatedly replenishing their printer with ink cartridges). Another important factor, Epson says, is cost-effectiveness; they can offer an ultra-low-cost per print, as the high-capacity ink tank printers come bundled with high-yield ink bottles.
Koichi Kubota, director, managing executive officer, and chief operating officer for Epson’s Printer Operations Division, says: “With 15 million units sold, we’re proud to say that this new concept has proven a success. At Epson, we’ve always valued the importance of offering customers a wide range of choice so that they can find a product that suits their individual needs. We identified a unique market opportunity; customers looking for a purpose-built, reliable, cost-effective and high-volume printing solution. Our innovative high-capacity ink tank printers provide the answer, and the figures testify to that.”
- April 2016: Epson’s New Indonesia Factory Begins Making High-Capacity Ink-Tank and Business Inkjets
- February 2016: Epson Increasing Production of Ink Bottles for High-Capacity Ink-Tank Printers, All-in-Ones
- February 2016: Epson Says it’s Sold More than a Million InkTank Printers in India
- February 2016: Earnings up for Epson’s Third Quarter, but Down for Last Nine Months; Forecast Unchanged
- January 2016: Epson to Triple PrecisionCore Inkjet Print-Head Production with 20 Billion Yen Investment
- November 2015: Epson Seeking to Have Faster, More Precise Volume Manufacturing 3D Printer on the Market in About Five Years
- November 2015: Earnings Dip for Epson’s Second Quarter, but High-Capacity Ink-Tank Printers Show Strong Growth
- October 2015: Epson High-Capacity Ink-Tank Printers Achieving 40% Sales Growth; Plans New Print-Head Factory to Meet Demand
- August 2015: IDC: Printer/MFP Market Down in Second Quarter, but Epson Outperforms All Vendors for Second Quarter in a Row
- August 2015: First-Quarter Income Down for Epson, but Printer Revenue Remains Healthy
- May 2015: Bolstered by Inkjet Revenue, Epson Reports Robust Financial Results
- January 2015: Revenue, Income up for Epson’s Third Quarter; Ink-Tank Printers Lead Revenue Growth