Nakayama is New President of Sharp Business Solutions Company
On June 30th, Sharp Corporation of Osaka, Japan, released a statement indicating that Kazushi Mukai, formerly the president of Sharp Business Solutions Company and chairman of Sharp Business Solutions Corporation, as well as an executive managing officer of Sharp Corporation, had been replaced by Fujikazu Nakayama, effective July 1st.
Nakayama is now serving as president of Sharp Business Solutions Company and chairman of Sharp Business Solutions Corporation. He previously served as division general manager for Sharp Corporation’s Business Strategy Division.
In March 2016, Sharp Corporation announced that Foxconn Technology Group, the parent company of Taiwan’s Hon Hai Precision Industry, would purchase Sharp for 389 billion yen ($3.5 billion) for a controlling stake in Sharp.
Foxconn Group Chairman Terry Gou has said to be seeking to transform Sharp from a contract manufacturer into a company that will not only make key components and assemble devices, but also sell electronics products to consumers.
- May 2016: Sales, Profits Down for Sharp’s Fiscal Year, but Business Solutions Group’s Sales Up
- March 2016: Foxconn to Invest Billions of Yen in Sharp’s Business Solutions Group
- March 2016: Foxconn Takes Controlling Interest in Sharp in Reduced Buyout
- February 2016: Foxconn Backs Down at Last Minute from Purchasing Sharp
- February 2016: Loss for Sharp’s Nine Months; Business Solutions’ Sales Steady
- November 2015: Loss for Sharp’s Second Half, but Business Solutions’ Sales Up 3.8 Percent
- August 2015: Sharp Reports Net Loss of $274 Million; MFP Sales Steady; Will Exit TV Business in Americas