HP Launches Device as a Service Program, Lifecycle Services, for Printers, PCs
On June 30th, HP Inc. announced the global launch of its Device as a Service (DaaS) program for enterprises, with HP billing the program as a complete device lifecycle-management service under which companies select devices, such as printers and PCs, and various services, all paid for via a monthly contract. A contract can include any number of devices and services, all of which are presented on a single bill. Devices can include printers and PCs, as well as PC monitors and tablet PCs, as well as services such as configuration, onsite support, software upgrades, and safe disposal. HP also provides multi-vendor support, including support for Microsoft Windows, Android, and Apple iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices.
HP also provides a Web-based portal that enables the customer’s IT staff to track the location and status of deployed devices, while an analytics feature can be used to see when devices need service before they break down. Contracts can be drawn-up based on a per seat or per device basis.
The program has been available as a pilot program in the Asia-Pacific region, but is now available globally.
For customers, HP says there are several advantages. Among them are, first, large-upfront device acquisition costs are eliminated, and instead, costs can be spread out several months and years, also making for a predictable IT budget, and second, HP takes over tasks such as deployment, maintenance, and disposal. There’s also only one monthly billing statement, and HP provides a single point-of-contact via an HP Account Manager.
For more information on DaaS, visit HP here.
- June 2016: HP Business Printers and MFPs Now Compatible with FMAudit Data-Collection for MPS
- June 2016: HP Introduces New and Updated Solutions for Secure Mobile Print, New MPS Tools
- March 2016: New HP 75-PPM PageWide Inkjets; New Officejets, LaserJets; A3 PageWide Copier/MFPs on the Way
- December 2015: Print Audit Embedded, V 1.0, for HP MPFs and Printers, Now Available
- December 2015: HP Inc. Announces Highest-Volume A3 MFPs to Date, New JetAdvantage Solutions, Document Scanners
- September 2015: HP Secures the Enterprise with Three New Printers/MFPs Featuring White-listing, ‘Self-Healing’ from Malicious Attacks
- September 2015: New HP LaserJet 400 Series Printers and MFPs with JetIntellligence for 33-Percent More Prints