Nuance Rolls Out Next-Generation Nuance Power PDF Software
Nuance Communications, Inc. is introducing its next generation of Nuance Power PDF software, version 2, which it says makes it easy for businesses to gain control over PDF workflows with the ability to create, convert, edit, assemble, and securely share PDF files.
The firm says that Power PDF combines usability, compatibility, and security corresponding to the “overwhelming successful strategy” that Microsoft has employed for its Windows 10. The software “exposes these features” through an intuitive and familiar Microsoft Office look and feel that also supports Windows 10 touch-enabled 2-in-1 convertible laptop devices similar to the Microsoft Surface.
According to Nuance, Power PDF 2 addresses the growing need for business software to support touch-enabled hybrid computing devices, spurred by the user adoption of Windows 10 and next-generation computing hybrids. It provides the convenience to navigate, draw annotations, and type using a tablet or notebook and a pen or finger. The software has a “touch mode” option on its Quick Access Toolbar to optimize the size of toolbars and tool icons so that they’re easy to press and navigate with a finger.
According to the firm, Power PDF 2’s “modern, intuitive user interface” is modeled after the latest popular Microsoft ribbon interface, which allows users to work with the same navigation experience they have in Microsoft Office. The interface includes a “find a tool” search capability that enables users to quickly find any tool or functionality in the application. The enhanced Quick Access Toolbar allows users to create shortcuts to frequently used functions.
‘Smarter and More Powerful to Use – in Office or On the Go’
Nuance says Power PDF 2 features the richest set of capabilities for collaborating and securely sharing PDF files. It says the software provides all of the tools needed to annotate, mark up, sign, secure, redact, and compress PDFs, and create and work with PDF forms, making it easy to edit and publish PDF files. Users can quickly convert files from Microsoft Word to PDF and from PDF to Word.
Other features include:
- Improved document security – Use Microsoft Active Directory Rights Management Services to lock-down confidential documents without passwords and apply customized protection based on predefined enterprise policies for each sender and recipient. Open and work with PDF documents, which were protected with FileOpen DRM, based on granted rights.
- Greater accessibility – Enhanced tag-editing capabilities and the new reading order editor enables users to modify or redefine the tags of PDF documents and touch up the reading order of document content such as columns, tables, and graphics. These tools are said to provide users with the ability to create “perfectly accessible documents,” which enables visually disabled people to read documents and access information using assistive technologies.
- Enhanced productivity – New add-ons for Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2016 enable users to create PDF files with bookmarks and links directly from inside these applications. Integration with Office 2016 provides users with tools to convert emails with attachments into PDF archives.
- Greater convenience – The integration of new PDF Create buttons in Chrome and Firefox, allows users to convert Web pages into compact PDF files on the fly and through their preferred Web browsers. This tool preserves original Web page links in the PDF files and supports Protected Mode in Internet Explorer.
- Enhanced document intelligence – The new OCR proofreader tool is said to greatly enhance the accuracy of document searches by allowing users to see and edit text results of the OCR process directly in the searchable PDF. Suspected word errors are displayed for the user to approve or correct, increasing the accuracy of searches and enhancing the overall value of the document.
- Intuitive integrations – Connections to cloud-storage and document-management systems are built directly into the File menu making it easy to open and save PDF files to cloud-storage services, including Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Box, with the fewest possible steps. Users can also open and save files through the enhanced File menu to document-management systems, such as Microsoft SharePoint, WorkSite, eDocs, NetDocuments, and Enterprise Connect.
- PDF form support – New support for dynamic PDF forms is said to enable the software to handle all types of PDF forms available on the Web and used by business and government organizations for collecting information. Users can fill out, save, and send complex forms, such as those created by Adobe applications.
The complete family of Nuance PDF solutions is available through Nuance’s global network of reseller, retail, and e-commerce partners. Nuance Power PDF Advanced 2 is priced at $149.99 with volume discounts available. Power PDF Standard 2 for individuals, home offices, and small workgroups is priced at $99.99. For more information on features, free evaluation software, pricing and volume-licensing programs, visit Nuance at www.nuance.com/powerpdf.
- May 2016: Toshiba and Dealers to Sell, Distribute Nuance’s AutoStore and Equitrac Office Document SolutionsMarch 2016: Nuance’s Equitrac, AutoStore, SafeCom Now Available for Samsung MFPs
- February 2016: Nuance AutoStore 7.0 Now Available for Kyocera HyPAS-Enabled Copier/MFPs
- October 2015: Ricoh Offering Just-Released Versions of Nuance AutoStore, eCopy ShareScan, Output Manager
- September 2015: Nuance Document-Capture, Server-Less Printing, Print-for-Pay Solutions Available for Samsung Dealers
- September 2015: Nuance Releases Next-Generation AutoStore 7, eCopy ShareScan 5.4 for More Efficient Paper-to-Digital Workflows