Epson Continues to Expand into Textile-Printing Market with Acquisition of Robustelli
The Epson Group of Tokyo reports that its Epson Italia subsidiary has agreed with the Robustelli family to acquire 100 percent of the capital of Fratelli Robustelli, a maker of commercial printers for printing on textiles, for an undisclosed sum.
Epson says the acquisition will expand the two companies’ longstanding collaboration in digital inkjet textile printing.
In June 2015, 2015, Epson also acquired another Italian digital-textile printer company, For.Tex S.R.L, which specializes in sales of textile-printing inks and in the manufacture and sale of essential treatment agents used in the textile-printing processes.
Epson says the addition of Robustelli into the Epson Group will allow it to leverage Epson’s manufacturing capability to bring the advantages of its digital inkjet textile printers to more customers around the world. The move will also assist Epson in using Robustelli’s expertise to accelerate the development of digital inkjet textile printers that enhance the companies’ abilities to meet customer needs with a wider lineup of products. The two companies will also jointly cooperate in research and development together.
Epson notes that according to WTiN Intelligence, the worldwide digital textile printing market is expected to grow at an annual rate of approximately 2 percent until 2019. In addition to using its manufacturing network to meet this growing demand, Epson says it will also deploy its worldwide sales and service network to provide Robustelli’s Monna Lisa digital inkjet textile printer to more countries and regions around the world.
Sunao Murata, COO of Epson’s Professional Printing Operations Division, and who will serve as president of Robustelli, Murata commented, “This is a very exciting development for the Epson Group. As the market for high-quality digital textile printing expands, I believe that formalizing our partnership with Robustelli in this way puts us in a great place to meet the needs of the growing numbers of customers who are seeking to leverage the advantages of advanced digital solutions that will help drive their businesses forward. We will work closely with our colleagues at Robustelli to take Monna Lisa to the next level and remain leaders in the field.”
Located in Como, Italy, said to be “the heart of the Italian and European high-quality printing textile industry,” Robustelli specializes in the development, manufacture, and sale of digital inkjet textile printers, notably the Monna Lisa series, which it began developing with Epson in 2003.
|Company name||Fratelli Robustelli S.r.l.|
|Location||Via Firenze 3, Villa Guardia (CO), Italy|
|No. of employees||25*|
* As of December 31, 2015.
- June 2016: Epson, 3M Roll Out New Co-Branded UltraChrome GS3 Inks for Epson SureColor S-Series Wide-Format Printers
- June 2016: Two New Epson Screen Printers, SureColor P800 and SureColor T3270
- April 2016: Epson Reports Full-Year Results; 100-PPM Line-Head Inkjet Printers May Be on the Way
- March 2016: New Flagship Epson SC-S80600 Wide-Format Printer for Printing Vehicle Wraps, Signage, More
- March 2016: Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Printer Series with 44-Inch Graphics Printer
- January 2016: New Epson 64″ Fine-Art Photo Printer, the SureColor P20000 with 2.8-Times Faster Print Speed
- January 2016: Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Color Inkjet Lineup with Three New Models
- September 2015: Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Color Printer Family with P-Series, Starts at $2,995
- August 2015: New Epson SureColor F-Series Dye-Sub Large-Format Printers Feature New High-Density Black Ink
- June 2015: Epson Completes Buyout of Italian Textile-Printing Company For.Tex S.R.L.