Two New Epson Screen Printers, SureColor P800 and SureColor T3270
Epson America reports that it’s now shipping two wide-format color-inkjet printers, the new 17-inch SureColor P800 Screen Print Edition ($1,795 MSRP) and the 24-inch SureColor T3270 Screen Print Edition ($3,495 MSRP). The printers are based on the current Epson SureColor P800 desktop photo printer and SureColor T3270 large-format color printer, but come bundled with AccuRIP Black Pearl SE software and Epson Screen Positive Film for producing film positives used to burn screens for the traditional screen-printing process. Epson says the SC-P800SP and SC-T3270SP are the only “complete inkjet solutions for producing screen positive film.”
Both printers use Epson UltraChrome HD Ink and UltraChrome XD pigment inks, and can produce solid and halftone films up to 65 lines-per-inch (lpi) with high UV opacity and black density up to 4.0 Dmax – at up to 40 films per hour with the SC-T3270SP. Because the printers use a full-color ink set, screen printers are said to be able to produce high-quality comps and posters, and even photos and graphics with the same printer used to produce screen positive films.
The printers use Epson’s MicroPiezo AMC inkjet print-head technology with Precision ink-drop control. The SureColor P800 Screen Print Edition can produce borderless output up to 17-inch wide. and is designed for high-volume printing, with resolution of up to 2,880 x 1,440 dpi.
The 24-inch SureColor T3270 Screen Print Edition features Epson’s latest PrecisionCore TFP inkjet print-head and a five-color UltraChrome XD ink configuration, available in various sizes. Key features include:
- AccuRIP Black Pearl SE Software for creating screen positive films up to 65 lpi with halftone control for textile applications.
- Features Epson UltraChrome XD and HD pigment ink, developed and certified for use in screen printing applications up to a 4.0 Dmax.
- Superior screen positive film said to provide a consistent positive film with an instant dry-coating that won’t stick to the emulsion.
- Create up to forty 16″ x 20″ film positives per hour.
- Create screen positive films, posters, and photos with the same printer.
- Includes printer, ink, film, and software, all supported by Epson with a one-year limited warranty.
The SureColor P800SP and SureColor T3270SP are currently via the following authorized Epson Professional Imaging resellers: Garston, Graphic Solutions Group, Lawson Screen & Digital Products, Inc., Nazdar Source One, and Ryonet.
- April 2016: Epson Reports Full-Year Results; 100-PPM Line-Head Inkjet Printers May Be on the Way
- March 2016: New Flagship Epson SC-S80600 Wide-Format Printer for Printing Vehicle Wraps, Signage, More
- March 2016: Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Printer Series with 44-Inch Graphics Printer
- January 2016: New Epson 64″ Fine-Art Photo Printer, the SureColor P20000 with 2.8-Times Faster Print Speed
- January 2016: Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Color Inkjet Lineup with Three New Models
- September 2015: Epson Expands SureColor Wide-Format Color Printer Family with P-Series, Starts at $2,995
- August 2015: New Epson SureColor F-Series Dye-Sub Large-Format Printers Feature New High-Density Black Ink