New ScanSnap Cloud for Fujitsu Scanners for One-Touch Routing to Cloud Sites
Fujitsu is introducing ScanSnap Cloud, a new service that provides Fujitsu iX500 or iX100 document scanners users with one-button scanning of documents directly to Web-based document-storage and sharing sites such as Dropbox, Evernote, Expensify, Google, and OneDrive. With the press of the scan button, scanned files are automatically sorted into document, receipt, business-card, or photo categories and sent to a predetermined Web site (cloud service).
With a press of the scan button, ScanSnap Cloud automatically classifies scanned data into four categories: documents, receipts, business cards, and photos. Customers can set profiles for each category by selecting the cloud service of their choice in the free app, and ScanSnap Cloud automatically sorts and delivers the data to the predetermined cloud service for device-less scanning.
ScanSnap Cloud features include:
- Automatic image processing: Before delivering scanned documents to customer-selected cloud services, ScanSnap Cloud optimizes scanned images with automatic paper-size and color detection, automatic page rotation, and blank-page removal.
- Smart naming: Files are automatically named using extracted keywords and dates from the scanned documents.
- Security: ScanSnap Cloud uses Microsoft Azure, which has extensive operational experience protecting cloud data with its security platform.
Fujitsu also reports that bundled software for its ScanSnap iX500 ScanSnap iX500 now includes Nuance PowerPDF Standard for Microsoft Windows and PDF Converter for Apple Mac, both of which enable users to edit and manage their PDFs. Nuance software also enables users to convert, annotate, and share PDFs securely.
For more information on ScanSnap Cloud and for the free download, visit Fujitsu here. ScanSnap Cloud is currently available in Japan and North America.
- October 2015: Canon and Fujitsu Join Forces to Develop Solutions Using Network Cameras
- March 2015: New Fujitsu fi-6400 Production-Level Document Scanner Scans at up to 100 PPM
- December 2014: ABBYY Europe Partnering with Fujitsu to Expand Document-Capture Solutions
- February 2014: Fujitsu Launches Rent-a-Scanner Service
- November 2013: Fujitsu Rolls Out Next-Generation Workgroup Scanner Family with Acoustic Paper-Feed Protection