Memjet Adds New OEM Partners New Solution and Digikett
Along with XYZPrinting – which is showcasing the first Memjet-based 3D printer – Memjet reports that two new OEM vendors will be showcasing new Memjet-powered products at the drupa 2016 commercial- and production-printing tradeshow being held in Dusseldorf, Germany.
Aside form XYZ Printing, Memjet’s other new OEM partners at drupa include Portugal-based New Solution with its NS MULTI and German-based Digikett with its Digi-M-Jet, a color inkjet printer designed as an adjunct to web presses.
Memjet Chairman and CEO Len Lauer said Taiwan-based XYZPrinting, which is showcasing the Memjet-powered 3D printer, is using Memjet page-wide inkjet printing to move from the consumer into the business-to-business market.
Existing Memjet OEM partners include Colordyne, Delphax, Astro Machine, Xanté, Canon, Trojan, and Afinia. At drupa, Xerox is also showing its Memjet-powered IJP 2000 wide-format color inkjet printer, which uses Memjet’s single-pass inkjet printing and incorporates five print heads arranged in a fixed formation across the width of the media, printing at up to 4,520 square feet (420 sq m) per hour, or at 6 inches (152 mm) per second.
New Solution NS MULTI
OEM partner New Solution is incorporating Memjet inkjet-printing technology into an all-in-one wide-format label- and package-printing solution called NS MULTI.
The new multi-layer system is designed for printing and laminating on substrates such as card stock and corrugated cardstock. It’s also designed for multi-layer film printing, and wide-format label-printing.
The NS MULTI features five color print heads, and can print at speeds of up to 300 mm per second at 1,600 x 800 dpi resolution, or at up to 150 mm per second at 1,600 x 1,600 dpi resolution. It can accommodate media widths of up to 42” or 1.07/m. Applications include those in the production of food-packaging products that require full-surface laminating.
Driving the NS MULTI is proprietary software that includes a user-friendly interface that’s said to provide control of all operation, including ink-level consumption, roll-radius measurement, and temperature and climate control. A PC, which is included as part of the solution, lets users install variable data software and alternative RIP solutions as needed.
New Solution also uses Memjet print heads as part of its label- and package-printing solution portfolio. At drupa, it’s also previewing:
- The NS PRO, a high-speed, single-pass inkjet solution for multi-job, continuous printing.
- The NS F22, an all-in-one label-finishing solution that includes a digital cutting plotter, cold lamination, and a dye cutter and slitter that can be used as a standalone press, or integrated in-line with the NS PRO.
- May 2016: XYZprinting to Preview 3D Printer that Uses Memjet Print-Head Technology
- May 2016: New Digi-M-Jet Hybrid Printer for Commercial Printing Powered by Memjet Technology
- March 2016: DuraFast Shipping Memjet-Powered Vortex 850R Color Label Printer
- June 2015: Memjet Opening New San Diego HQ for Growing Number of Employees and New Product Development
- May 2015: RTI Digital Launching XL Stacker for Memjet-Powered Vortex 4200 Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer
- February 2015: IPT Digital to Demonstrate JFlex 870 Powered by Memjet’s Aspen Print Engine
- January 2015: First Memjet-Powered JFlex870 Label Printer Sold in Canada
- November 2014: Memjet: 2014 has been a ‘Banner Year’ with Record Product Development and Growth
- October 2014: New Memjet-Powered Colordyne CDT 3600 Series Digital Label and Tag Production-Printing System
- June 2013: Xerox Launches Wide Format IJP 2000 Color Printer with Stacked Inkjet Print Heads