Kyocera ‘Keeps the Pedal to the Metal,’ Previewing 31 New A3 and A4 MFPs, Six New Business Apps
Stating that it’s “refreshing almost every segment of its TASKalfa and ECOSYS lines,” on May 19th at its annual Business & Technology Conference, Kyocera Document Solutions America previewed 31 new and upgraded A3 and A4 MFPs and printers, along with six new business applications. The firm states that nearly all of the MFPs and printers are now enabled with its HyPAS platform for integrating them with Kyocera’s nearly 60 business applications for document workflow and security. Also available are various document-finishing configurations.
15 New A3 MFPs
Speeds range from 25 to 80 ppm, in both color and black-and-white for the new A3 MFPs (print and scan on up to 11″x17″). There’s also “true” 1,200 dpi resolution at full engine speed; standard WiFi wireless connectivity; Near Field Communication (NFC) for touch-to-print with NFC-enabled mobile devices; and WiFi-direct wireless connectivity.
The firm also says that service time for a preventative maintenance cycle has been reduced by almost 50 percent, to an average of 30 minutes. All major components across the entire series also share a common design, simplifying dealer service training and inventory management.
16 New A4 MFPs and Printers
A4 (print and scan on up to 8.5″x 14″) remains one of the industry’s “hottest market segments for hardware,” according to the firm. Kyocera says that it’s continued to set the standard, delivering the media capabilities, scalability, and robust application-platform previously only available with its A3 TASKalfa MFPs. These new, lower-segment A4 models are rated from 27 ppm to 42 ppm, and include standard WiFi, 4.3-inch touch screen, and dual-scan document feeders on select models.
Six New Business Applications
According to the firm, apps continue to play a central role in its “dramatic success” over the past several years. Peter Hendrick, Kyocera Document Solutions America’s group vice president for Corporate Marketing and Business Services, explains: “Businesses are looking to simplify work processes. More and more, they’re asking for document-workflow improvements, not just technology upgrades.”
Kyocera apps streamline various document-related business processes, add security and cost-control features, and enable mobile and cloud-based printing. The new apps include several “connectors,” which allow Kyocera MFPs to integrate with many of the most popular document- and content management systems.
DMConnect Pro powered by Nuance
DM Connect Pro powered by Nuance offers new user-requested features such as Zone OCR (optical character recognition) and advanced barcode imaging. The app enables intelligent capture, processing, and routing of documents.
Google Connector; Dropbox Connector; Square 9 Connector; OnBase Connector
These connector apps provide bi-directional access between HyPAS-enabled Kyocera MFPs and these popular CMS, EDM, and DMS document- and content-management platforms.
A simple application for secure transmission of scanned documents, Private Scan is for enterprises with high security and confidentiality standards, or strict compliance protocols as it relates to scanning.
All A3 MFPs and A4 MFPs and printers will become available during Kyocera’s fiscal year 2017, which runs from March 31, 2016 to March 2017.
- March 2016: New Kyocera ECOSYS P7040cdn Desktop Color Printer with AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria Mobile Printing
- February 2016: New A4 Color Copier/MFPs from Kyocera with ‘Only Pay for the Color You Print’
- February 2016: Nuance AutoStore 7.0 Now Available for Kyocera HyPAS-Enabled Copier/MFPs
- December 2015: Kyocera Adds Google Cloud Print Mobile Printing to Select Kyocera Printers and Copier/MFPs
- November 2015: Kyocera Releases DocuWare Connector for Connecting to DocuWare Repositories, AccuSender for Sending Files Up to 100 GB in Size
- September 2015: Kyocera to Acquire Enterprise Content Management Provider Ceyoniq
- August 2015: KYOCERA MyPanel App Enables Users to Operate KYOCERA Printers and MFPs from their Mobile Devices
- July 2015: Kyocera Extends A4 Lineup with New ECOSYS M6530cdn Desktop MFP with HyPAS Integration
- June 2015: New A4 Kyocera MFPs Said to Bring Office-MFP Feature Set to the Desktop
- June 2015: New Kyocera ECOSYS Desktop Color Printers Start at $1,569
- April 2015: Kyocera Previews New A4 MFPs with A3 Feature Set, New HyPAS Apps at Annual Dealer Conference