New Brother Inkjet All-in-One Features Included Ink Cartridges Good for Printing for up to Two Years
Brother International today added two new A4 color inkjet All-in-Ones to its INKvestment series, the MFC‐J985DW ($199.99 ESP), which it says prints a black-and-white page for less than a penny and color pages for less than a nickel, and the MFC‐J985DW XL ($299.99 estimated street pricing), which it says includes 12 INKvestment cartridges, eliminating the need to purchase ink for up to two years (based on an average monthly print volume of approximately 300 pages consisting of 70-percent black pages and 30 percent color pages, with page yield in accordance with the ISO/IEC 24711 test method).
The Brother INKvestment Super High‐yield black cartridge yields up to 2,400 pages, and is priced at less than $25 while the Brother INKvestment Super High‐yield color cartridge yields up to 1,200 pages, and is priced at less than $15.
XL Ink Cartridges Provide up to Two Years’ Worth of Ink in the Box
The $299.99 MFC‐J985DW XL consists of the MFC‐J985DW bundled with 12 Super High‐yield INKvestment cartridges.
Features of note for the new All-in-Ones – which are the same except that the XL version includes additional ink cartridges – include:
- Scan documents to popular Web-based file-sharing and storing sites such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and Evernote.
- Scan documents to Brother Cloud Apps such as Office, Outline & Copy, Outline & Scan, Outline & Remove, NoteScan, and CreativeCenter.
- Print from almost any device including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers, all via wireless connectivity with Wi‐Fi Direct connectivity (with no router required).
- Mobile-device capability via Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria, Wi‐Fi Direct, Near Field Communication (NFC), and Brother iPrint&Scan9
- 2.7” touchscreen display.
- Automatic duplex printing.
- 20 sheet auto‐document feeder.
Brother is providing a two‐year limited warranty for the two new All-in-Ones, which are available online now, and at Staples, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Best Buy, Amazon, and other retailers.
- February 2016: New ‘Business-Focused’ Higher-Volume Laser Printers and All-in-Ones from Brother
- January 2016: Brother’s New L5000, L6000 Series for Higher-Volume Office Applications; New 48-PPM ‘Multi-Function’ Copier
- January 2016: Amazon ‘Dash’ Automatic Toner and Ink Delivery Now Available for Brother Printers
- June 2015: Brother Launches Color Inkjet All-in-Ones with Refillable Ink Tanks in India
- May 2015: New Brother INKvestment All-in-Ones MFC-J5920DW and MFC-J6925DW Ship with Super High-Yield Ink Carts
- February 2015: Brother Launches New A3 ‘InkBenefit’ Color Inkjet All-in-One in India