Samsung Adds Ubiquitech Print-Management for Secure Printing with Samsung MFPs
Samsung Electronics is expanding its worldwide partnership with Danish independent software-vendor Ubiquitech for its print-management solutions. Ubiquitech’s software has been certified by Samsung for use with Samsung’s MFPs, including the Samsung MultiXpress series with Samsung’s Smart UX Center based on the Android operating system. With this agreement, Samsung says it’ll be able to better serve enterprise consumers with IBM Z and Power system solutions.
Ubiquitech is an independent software vendor founded in 2004 that develops, produces, and markets secure print-management systems based on open-platform technology.
Samsung says that Ubiquitech’s print-management solutions can help improve printing security for Samsung MFPs and printers in business environments. The solution identifies registered users, and only allows documents to be printed by, or shared with, authorized personnel, preventing confidential information from being leaked. Ubiquitech solutions also make sure that all print tasks are tracked and registered. Users can also see an overview of all printing tasks on the Samsung MFP’s Smart UX touchscreen display and reduce duplicate or unnecessary printing.
Ubiquitech’s solutions can be run on Microsoft Windows, IBM Power and IBM System Z, allowing enterprise customers to implement Samsung’s printing solutions within their current IT setup. Samsung expects to be able to enable its range of customers – from small and mid-size businesses to enterprises – to centralize their print-management systems, helping them to save on their total cost of ownership (TCO) for printing.
“Ubiquitech’s technically strong and flexible solutions give the enterprise customer the possibility to consolidate all Windows Print Servers into a single IBM System Z or Power platform; potentially releasing significant savings,”commented Ubiquitech CEO Klaus Kristiansen.
“Security has been an essential business focus for Samsung,” said David SW Song, senior vice president of Printing Solutions Business at Samsung Electronics. “Through the strategic alliance with Ubiquitech, Samsung will provide highly secure, efficient, and easy-to-use printing solutions that seamlessly fit into the IT and office ecosystem.”
- May 2016: New Samsung SOHO Desktop Laser Printer, All-in-One with Wireless, NFC Tap-to-Print, Mobile Print App
- April 2016: Hancom Office App Lets Samsung MFP Users Edit Docs on Touch Screen
- March 2016: New Samsung ProXpress C30 Color MFPs: Built ‘Better and Faster’ and with Higher Toner Yield
- December 2015: New Samsung Desktop Color Printer and Copier/MFP with NFC, Cloud Printing, Scan-to-eMail
- October 2015: Amazon Announces New Toner- and Ink-Cartridge Replacement Service for Brother, Samsung Printers
- September 2015: New Samsung ProXpress M4030ND Printer and M4080FX MFP Feature NFC Tap-to-Print Mobile Print and NFC User Authentication
- July 2015: New Samsung Xpress C430 and C480 Color Desktop Models Feature Native Scan-to-eMail, NFC Mobile Printing
- February 2015: New Samsung Desktop Printers with iOS & Android Mobile Printing, Usage Tracking, Secure Printing, More