New Digi-M-Jet Hybrid Printer for Commercial Printing Powered by Memjet Technology
Memjet reports that German-based manufacturer Digikett GmbH has used Memjet’s patented inkjet-printing technology to develop its Digi-M-Jet, a hybrid digital-color printing solution. According to Memjet, the Digi-M-Jet full-color print tower opens up new markets for commercial printers by enabling them to retrofit their offset and flexo presses and finishing solutions to offer duplex, full-color variable data printing (VDP).
Digikett will be showcasing this new solution in the Memjet stand (Hall 5 at stand C24) at the drupa 2016 trade show that’s taking place May 31–June 10 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
The Digi-M-Jet is a digital-printing press that includes five Memjet color print heads. It’s been designed to give printers maximum flexibility, without sacrificing print quality or speed. The Digi-M-Jet can be used alone or can be connected to any current paper-transport system, including tension-feed or pin-feed web. This flexibility is said to give users a wider range of possibilities for hybrid printing, saving them time and money by using existing paper transports.
Mark Bracht, owner of Digikett, commented: “The new Digi-M-Jet is a universal tool for offset printers. It provides them with a fast, cost-effective solution that can be used to bring the benefits of digital printing to any flexo or offset press. Not only can printers maximize their investments in existing hardware, they can also open up new lines of business by producing jobs traditionally suited for digital presses — including full-color variable printing jobs. This combination of opportunity and economy makes the Digi-M-Jet a vital resource for any printer today.”
The Digi-M-Jet is also modular. Using two Digi-M-Jet print towers, users can print color HSI (High Speed Inkjet) in wide web or duplex mode, achieving resolution of 1,600 by 1,375 dpi at speeds up to 102 m/min. By combining up to four Digi-M-Jet Print Towers, users can achieve capacities up to 35,000 A4 pages per hour on a wide web with variable content and duplex capability.
Digi-M-Jet is driven by a computer touch pad that’s integrated directly into the machine — no separate computer is needed. This all-in-one integration enables printers to simplify their operations, and avoids any technical issues that can happen with free-standing computers.
At drupa 2016, Digikett’s Digi-M-Jet and other Memjet-powered solutions will be featured in the Memjet stand (Hall 5 at stand C24).
- March 2016: DuraFast Shipping Memjet-Powered Vortex 850R Color Label Printer
- June 2015: Memjet Opening New San Diego HQ for Growing Number of Employees and New Product Development
- May 2015: RTI Digital Launching XL Stacker for Memjet-Powered Vortex 4200 Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer
- April 2015: Memjet: Desktop Label Printers Poised for ‘Unprecedented Growth’
- February 2015: IPT Digital to Demonstrate JFlex 870 Powered by Memjet’s Aspen Print Engine
- January 2015: First Memjet-Powered JFlex870 Label Printer Sold in Canada
- November 2014: Memjet: 2014 has been a ‘Banner Year’ with Record Product Development and Growth
- October 2014: New Memjet-Powered Colordyne CDT 3600 Series Digital Label and Tag Production-Printing System
- September 2014: TrojanLabel Launches Memjet-Powered TrojanTwo Mini Digital Label Press