New EFI Fiery Network Server for Xerox ConnectKey-Enabled i-Series MFPs
Electronics For Imaging (EFI) reports that it’s continuing its long-term partnership with Xerox with a new EFI Fiery digital front end (DFE) for Xerox ConnectKey-enabled i-Series MFPs. The new EFI Fiery Network Server is said to provide critical, accurate printing of color, is also suitable for use with higher-volume office printing, and includes Fiery FreeForm software.
The new Fiery Network Server’s capabilities include:
- Fiery VUE, a free visual print application that gives users the ability to import and combine content from multiple sources into a finished booklet.
- Fiery FreeForm, a free tool for creation of personalized prints from files generated using Microsoft Office or Adobe InDesign.
- An optional bundle of software applications that includes Fiery Spot-On software for better color matching; Auto Trapping to optimize print output; and Fiery Hot Folders and Fiery Virtual Printers to streamline and automate print-job setup.
- Integration with Xerox Standard Accounting software and third-party cost-accounting systems for print-job tracking and access to data.
- The Fiery Driver Configurator, which allows IT administrators to create customized Apple Mac and Microsoft Windows print drivers, simplifying or customizing settings to users’ needs.
- The ability to monitor the status of multiple Fiery Driven printers to manage jobs from anywhere with the free Fiery Go app.
The new Fiery Network Server supports the Xerox WorkCentre 7800i Series (7830i/7835i/7845i/7855i) and WorkCentre 7970i MFPs, and is immediately available from Xerox.
- Xerox ConnectKey MFPs
- April 2016: Xerox Blog: Consider ConnectKey 2016 MFPs with Language Translation, Print & Scan to Cloud, eMail & QR Mobile Printing
- March 2016: This Week in Imaging: HP’s Latest PageWide Inkjet Campaign; Xerox ConnectKey 3.0
- March 2016: New Xerox i-Series MFPs Feature Latest ConnectKey 3.0 Apps for Document-Processing, WorkFlow, Supply-Ordering, More
- February 2013: Xerox Goes Mobile with New ConnectKey Platform for Mobile and Cloud Printing, Scan to Cloud, Plus Hardware Introductions