HP Inc. to Seek Disruptive 3D, IoT Technologies with New HP Tech Ventures Group
HP Inc., which is set to launch its first 3D printer, the Multi Jet Fusion, this year, and which opened a 3D-printing R&D center in Spain last November, today announced that it’ll be pursuing other high-tech ventures with the launch of HP Tech Ventures, a new corporate “venture arm” that it says will target early-stage companies with cutting-edge technologies.
The new group will consist of employees in Palo Alto, California, and Tel Aviv, Israel, who will pursue “strategic investments and partnerships in disruptive technology areas,” including: 3D transformation, immersive computing, hyper-mobility, the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence, and smart machines.
“The next technology revolution is shifting towards strategic markets that speak to HP’s strengths,”commented Shane Wall, HP Chief Technology Officer and head of HP Labs.” With our global brand and broad reach into consumer and commercial markets worldwide, HP can help startups bring product to market, build their business and scale in the global marketplace as they grow.”
HP says the Tech Ventures group will offer the combined experience of more than 75 years of innovation and technology backed by more than 18,000 global patents to entrepreneurs around the world. It says it will add value to strategic investment partners by leveraging its technology network, its channel and distribution partners, as well as manufacturing and supply-chain relationships to help startups “gain a foothold and scale quickly.”
The HP Tech Ventures group will report to HP’s Shane Wall and is led by HP Chief Disrupter Andrew Bolwell.
- March 2016: HP Inc. Adds Host of New PageWide, Indigo Presses to Expand its Commercial-Printer Family
- March 2016: HP’s Dion Weisler Shares Thoughts on HP’s 3D-Printing Strategy; 3D Printers to Ship Later this Year
- March 2016: New HP 75-PPM PageWide Inkjets; New Officejets, LaserJets; A3 PageWide Copier/MFPs on the Way
- February 2016: HP Jumps on Ink-Tank Bandwagon with Refillable All-in-Ones
- December 2015: New HP PageWide Web Press T1100S Said to ‘Reinvent’ Package Printing with Box Customization
- December 2015: HP Inc. Announces Highest-Volume A3 MFPs to Date, New JetAdvantage Solutions, Document Scanners
- November 2015: HP Inc. Launches its First Imaging Devices: Five New Wide-Format DesignJets for Technical Applications
- November 2015: HP Inc. Opens New R&D Center Devoted to 3D Printing in Spain