Canon Europe Partners with Materialise Magics to Provide 3D-Printing Software
Canon Europe, which markets 3D printers sourced from partner 3D Systems, reports that it’s formed a partnership with Materialise NV, a provider of additive manufacturing (AM) software solutions and 3D-printing services. Under the agreement, Canon customers across Europe now have access to Materialise Magics software specifically designed to guide users through every step of the AM or 3D-printing workflow.
Equipped with a customizable user interface, Canon says Materialise Magics software provides versatile data preparation that enhances a customer’s 3D-printing workflow, and will be supported by Canon consultants and support.
With the software, customers can:
- Import nearly all 3D-file formats and native color information to control original data.
- Repair and prepare files, as well as correct problems and create watertight data and shortcuts to improve the 3D-printing workflow.
- Enhance and edit data to take designs to the next level by adding logos, serial numbers, and hollow parts, as well as apply textures and create lattice structures.
- Prepare the build platform, duplicating parts and orienting them correctly.
- Print better parts, view slices, detect collisions, save platforms, and generate reports.
Chris Blake, sales and marketing director for 3D Printing at Canon Europe commented; “The creative and commercial opportunities for 3D printing are vast and the market continues to evolve and expand. As such, we are always looking for ways to enhance our existing proposition and add more value to our customers. We are therefore excited to partner with Materialise as part of our commitment to provide customers with the best 3D products and solutions, as well as unrivalled services and expertise.”
- October 2015: More on Canon’s 3D Printer: Faster Printing, More Precise and Durable Output
- September 2015: Canon Expo 2015: Canon Previews Secure MFP, Mobile Printing, imageRUNNER ADVANCE Z, 3D-Printer Prototype, More
- February 2015: Canon Europe to Begin Selling and Servicing 3D Systems’ 3D Printers in U.K. and Ireland
- November 2013: 3D Systems Partners with Canon to Bring Manufacturing 3D Printers to Japan, with Sindoh to Bring Consumer 3D Printers to Korea